• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ChickenWings

ChickenWings
9 months ago#101
charcoalswift posted...
Teddybearsolid posted...
charcoalswift posted...
Sacred_Arfaid posted...
Teddybearsolid posted...
It says clearly, "each decision counts", but it doesn't when you go, "herp derp, I made an oopsie," and reset every time you make a mistake.

Yes it does. For one, nobody likes starting a chapter over so you still feel the sting from a mistake or a bad roll.

Why even bother playing classic at that point, when you could play casual and get them back anyway?

Because you don't get them back without restarting the chapter. So you are forced to play effectively if you want to keep everyone alive.

Casual mode is Kamikaze Emblem, sending units to their deaths then get them back next chapter
Classic mode is for people who want to play the game realistically and strategically

Deny, deny, deny. Soft reset to undo a bad move is an abuse of the feature.

In short, it's cheating.

Stop being an elitist & dictating how people play their games. Soft reset is a strategy for me and many other people

Oh my irony!
Nyah.

User Info: Bandore

Bandore
9 months ago#102
I don't understand these debates myself. Play however you like. I play on casual, and whoever doesn't like it can kiss me between the back pockets.
Justice is not the only right in this world. ~KluYa~ "Final Fantasy IV"

User Info: Thunder_Lord

Thunder_Lord
9 months ago#103
Bandore posted...
I don't understand these debates myself. Play however you like. I play on casual, and whoever doesn't like it can kiss me between the back pockets.

#Truth

User Info: kaioideiye

kaioideiye
9 months ago#104
Bandore posted...

To be honest I just wanted to know which game I should start with because I wanted Awakening but it wasnt at my local game store and I only like downloading games that I cant get a card for as to save space. I was wondering if starting with Echoes would be okay but I didnt think this would start a 11 page debate.

User Info: firebind2

firebind2
9 months ago#105
kaioideiye posted...
I was wondering if starting with Echoes would be okay but I didnt think this would start a 11 page debate.

On Gamefaqs with Fire Emblem it's pretty common. Usually with topics either praising certain games, hating them, or comparing classic FE with modern FE. Because some people (not all) get really defensive or obsessive with their game being the best or convincing others to hate one.

So in my opinion toxicity in these forums are pretty high much like the LoZ and Final Fantasy forums and I can't recommend being around them for an extended length of time.
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/24zcej6.gif

User Info: Bandore

Bandore
9 months ago#106
kaioideiye posted...
Bandore posted...

To be honest I just wanted to know which game I should start with because I wanted Awakening but it wasnt at my local game store and I only like downloading games that I cant get a card for as to save space. I was wondering if starting with Echoes would be okay but I didnt think this would start a 11 page debate.

Well, it isn't your fault lol. I'm not even angry about it, just doesn't make any sense to me why people get so defensive about how another person plays, even to the point of insulting others. I would choose Awakening myself between the two, but there is nothing wrong with starting with Echoes either.
Justice is not the only right in this world. ~KluYa~ "Final Fantasy IV"

User Info: WebsandWigs

WebsandWigs
9 months ago#107
Just get whatever game looks most interesting to you. Honestly, all 3 games on the 3DS are of roughly equal quality. It all comes down to personal preference, which is why these topics always devolve into arguments.

User Info: Tizzy

Tizzy
9 months ago#108
Echoes is a slightly better game if you value story, characters and plot more. But since it's a faithful remake (with some qol improvements)of a an old game it's gameplay is weaker than awakening. But you can't go wrong with either imo
The official Anna of all Fire Emblem boards hehe!
  • Topic Archived