• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: Sacred_Arfaid

Sacred_Arfaid
1 year ago#11
billlybob posted...
Awakening is the ideal entry point for newcomers to the series. It'll teach you everything you need to know.

I don't agree with this. I don't feel I learned all of what I needed for Fire Emblem until playing Blazing Sword.

User Info: MNX6689

MNX6689
1 year ago#12
HValle posted...
I wonder which one is the s***ty.

all of them wtf lol

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
1 year ago#13
Play "Fire Emblem" for GBA first and everything that came after it never.

Awakening is terrible in every way. And then Fates found a way to be even worse.

Echoes may have been the best game in the franchise since "Fire Emblem" (Blazing Sword), but it's still substandard FE.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: IrvineADCarry

IrvineADCarry
1 year ago#14
Endgame posted...
Echoes may have been the best game in the franchise since "Fire Emblem" (Blazing Sword), but it's still substandard FE.

Cuz it's (or rather, the original version it based on) not meant to be a standard FE.

Sacred_Arfaid posted...
billlybob posted...
Awakening is the ideal entry point for newcomers to the series. It'll teach you everything you need to know.

I don't agree with this. I don't feel I learned all of what I needed for Fire Emblem until playing Blazing Sword.

This.
To Fire Emblem boards: growth units with horrendous base suck. (Read: Est, Nino, Donnel, Mozu)
I'm a Revelation hater.

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
1 year ago#15
Echoes is a remake
Awakening is modern fe
"Who doesn't love a strong man?"

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
1 year ago#16
You can marry people in Awakening & Fates & get children characters but not in Echoes
In Awakening, the main character is Robin(you can change his/her name) ,who is your avatar(thanks @Teddybearsolid ) so you can marry whatever waifu you like
"Who doesn't love a strong man?"

User Info: Teddybearsolid

Teddybearsolid
1 year ago#17
charcoalswift posted...
You can marry people in Awakening & Fates & get children characters but not in Echoes
In Awakening, the main character is Robin(you can change his/her name) ,who is your avatar(thanks @Teddybearsolid ) so you can marry whatever waifu you like

Sure. I'm not sure what I did... but, yeah.
3DS Friend Code: 1908 - 1584 - 4791
"I tried to warn you, foul villain. The hand cannot be denied." --Owain

Teddybearsolid
1 year ago#18
Endgame posted...
Play "Fire Emblem" for GBA first and everything that came after it never.

Awakening is terrible in every way. And then Fates found a way to be even worse.

THIS nonsense again. U a hater, man.

Teddybearsolid
1 year ago#19
kaioideiye posted...
Im going to start playing Fire Emblem and want to know where to start. I played Fire Emblem Heroes on Android until I simply couldnt afford or have enough time for it. Now I wanna play the actual 3DS games.

So from what Ive heard Awakening is thought of as the better game from the majority of the fanbase. Ive also been told that Awakening is the best place to start. Fates doesnt get great reviews. Echoes is the newest release. So is there any reason to play Echoes as far as online/DLC content. Will I be missing out if a I purchase Awakening.

Start with Awakening. A lot of people did. Despite what a few haters will try to see, it really is one of the best (if not the best) in the series.

Great characters too.

User Info: Arts

Arts
1 year ago#20
TC, what you should definitely do is ignore everything Endgame ever says. He's a notorious troll who hasn't even actually played the games he claims to be terrible.
  • Topic Archived