• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Why aren't we talking about the Radiant Bow?
TheBLD 4 years ago#1
Sure, evolving your Silver Bow into a Killer Bow is nice, probably optimal for a lot of post-game and even late-game purposes, if you've grinded out a good bow knight,

But the Radiant Bow, despite not having the same range, and only have 1 mt, is not to be discounted. Because that 1 mt is magic damage. And unlike the Lightning Sword, the Radiant Bow is the only magical weapon in the game that scales with your attack stat.

I'm going for the 500-turn clear medal on Hard/Classic, and although it was pretty recent that I got the radiant bow, so my opinion might change, right now I'm blown away that I haven't seen any discussion on this thing. Even magical enemies in this game don't have super-high res, so it just tears through things like wet tissues.

On top of that, my Alm is somehow not turning out so well, and I was getting worried about how efficiently he'll be able to clear a certain section he's got to solo later on. But I can just slap this radiant bow on him (which comes with an anti-terror skill as a bonus, although Alm might not get that in time), and he should tear right through those maps, I think.

BTW, to get it ASAP on - Give Rion shield to Alm via merchant, give it to the Rion guy, give pegasus cheese to the cheese-lover, and sell the exotic spice he gives for 3 gold. Upgrade your Steel bow to 1-star, then evolve it to Silver. Then upgrade that to 2-star, and evolve it to Radiant.

IDK, I'm still going to have to switch back to a forged Iron Bow or something occasionally, such as for the penultimate map in Alm's chapter 4, with all the enemy bow knights. I'll want to match their 5-range to kill them ASAP. So maybe it'd have been better to invest in a Killer Bow and just pray for RNG to deliver the crits I need. But for now, I think the Radiant Bow is at least worth a discussion.
01067-72704
92980-02562
NeonDragon9000 4 years ago#2
Because Hunter's Volley >>>> any possible thing the Radiant Bow can give you.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible
RenRen245 4 years ago#3
As stated above Hunter's volley is just too strong, it's like how Royal sword is really only used in the end game because of Double Lion.
''A baby isen't like a golem, i can't make it all by myself !'' - Elena
(message deleted)
LightHawKnight 4 years ago#5
Hunter Volley is OP beyond all belief. Hits twice, extra hit, extra crit? Atlas one rounds everything with that skill.
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
TheBLD 4 years ago#6
RenRen245 posted...
As stated above Hunter's volley is just too strong, it's like how Royal sword is really only used in the end game because of Double Lion.

Is Hunter's Volley really that good, though? If you weren't going to double anyway, or if you're up against long-range foes that can hit back, it's nice, but otherwise it's just a tiny bit more damage, hit, and crit. It's nice, sure, but is it really so essential?
01067-72704
92980-02562
NeonDragon9000 4 years ago#7
TheBLD posted...
Is Hunter's Volley really that good, though?

Yes.
RenRen245 4 years ago#8
And well the Ladyblade also allows anybody who can use swords to deal magic damage scaling with their atk and if it's used by a woman it's the strongest weapon in the game with a massive 20 MT in female hands.
''A baby isen't like a golem, i can't make it all by myself !'' - Elena
NeonDragon9000 4 years ago#9
RenRen245 posted...
And well the Ladyblade also allows anybody who can use swords to deal magic damage scaling with their atk and if it's used by a woman it's the strongest weapon in the game with a massive 20 MT in female hands.

Sonya loves the Ladyblade, I always give it to her. Celica has her personal weapon, and I usually end up giving Delthea a forged silver sword, but just use Ragnarok.
Liquid_King 4 years ago#10
We aren't talking about it because I can't grind enough for all those silver coins.

Hunter's Volley buffs your hit, attack and allows you to double. My Python can't double a few things, but with Hunter's Volley it doesn't matter.
King Harkinian deserves his own game.
FEH ID: 4921194582
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Why aren't we talking about the Radiant Bow?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A