• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Does each villager have a class they're best suited for?

User Info: LightFarron

LightFarron
2 years ago#1
Or is it just whatever I feel like making them?

User Info: Dotang34

Dotang34
2 years ago#2
Generally speaking:

Tobin - Archer
Gray - Mercenary
Faye - Cleric or Pegasus Knight (My vote is Cleric because she gets a great healing spell that your other Cleric doesn't get)
Kliff - Mage.

That's the most common I see.

I made my Tobin go Merc though. Dunno why, but he's doing quite well. Turning him into an Archer when he loops back around.
Playing: Fire Emblem Heroes, Dragonvale World, Elder Scrolls Online, Stardew Valley, D&D 5th Edition

User Info: TheBLD

TheBLD
2 years ago#3
Yes, and it's Merc.

Cleric for Faye.
01067-72704
92980-02562

User Info: The_shoemaker

The_shoemaker
2 years ago#4
I made Tobin a horse rider and he's not doing the best, Gray as an archer seems to be outclassed by Python. Faye as a Pegasus Knight is working well. Kliff as a Mage is great.
Visit This Old Neon - A friendly civilized gaming forum.

User Info: Iniuria_Talis

Iniuria_Talis
2 years ago#5
The canon promotions that the game points to are Kliff as a mage, Tobin as an archer, and Gray as a merc. Tobin can also be a good mage and Kliff does fine as anything, as does Faye but she's best as a cleric. It's also a possibility to make all the guys mercs if you don't mind grinding, since those can be promoted back into villager.

User Info: Dotang34

Dotang34
2 years ago#6
When in doubt, Merc it out!
Playing: Fire Emblem Heroes, Dragonvale World, Elder Scrolls Online(not much now), Stardew Valley, D&D 5th Edition, Fire Emblem Echoes: SoV.

User Info: LightFarron

LightFarron
2 years ago#7
Somehow Faye is my best melee character in Alm's army at the moment. Sounds like she would make a better cleric though?

User Info: Mavitar

Mavitar
2 years ago#8
Gray - Merc
Tobin - Archer or Mage
Kliff - the one you didn't make Tobin into
Faye - Cleric
Atlas - lol who cares

User Info: KagamineRin

KagamineRin
2 years ago#9
I don't understand why Faye as Mage isn't popular. This is my first playthrough but her defense makes her seem invincible to me.

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
2 years ago#10
KagamineRin posted...
I don't understand why Faye as Mage isn't popular. This is my first playthrough but her defense makes her seem invincible to me.

It's just that Cleric Faye is that much better.
Access to Physic and a second healer (until chapter 4) means you have so much more liberty with your strats.

Anyways with Kliff I feel like anything works.
My Merc Kliff is doing better than Gray. His Res means that as a dread fighter, any magic attack on him is doing only 1 damage (with Nuibaba doing only 12 points of damage).
Mage Kliff is obviously busted, broken, OP and all that good stuff.
Archer Kliff I dunno about, but it prolly works.

Kliff is easily the best villager IMO.
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
Official hermit of all boards, for I have achieved enlightenment. Thanks Harada.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Does each villager have a class they're best suited for?
  • Topic Archived