The Faye hate meme has gone on long enough

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. The Faye hate meme has gone on long enough

User Info: Steelix500

Steelix500
1 year ago#71
Yeah I like Faye too, she's sweet but I admit she can come off as a total b**** sometimes.

User Info: Plainsandfields

Plainsandfields
1 year ago#72
Wrong!

Gray did it because he wanted to DO something with his life and not rot in a village (Confirmed with base convos). Girls were a plus.

Tobin wanted to feed his family. .-.

Kliff did it out of self defense and he mostly just wanted to get away from the boring old village and his mom who cares about herself. Confirmed in one of his base convos.

Faye is legit just doing it for Alm. Literally ignoring her parents pleas to stop talking about Alm and talk more about what's going on with her. Their baby! Faye even abandons her children stated in her ending.

Plainsandfields
1 year ago#73
TheBLD posted...
ZenCalvin posted...
Tobin wants money to feed his family since they are poor. He has good intentions.

His quotes on the battlefield focus more on Alm than money.

It's stated in his base support that he can't stand it when Gray and Alm overshadow him. It's a insecurity of his. He even comes to terms with it in one of the last base convos and accepts it. Just like he accepts Gray is better than him in their support as well...

User Info: Azyura

Azyura
1 year ago#74
Also, even her parents are getting annoyed by it. She's been sending home letters and they're upset that all she talks about is Alm rather than how she's doing and her own wellbeing. You know, stuff parents actually want to hear about their child that went off to war?

I'll admit though, she took Alm's rejection better than I thought she would
The soon to be King of the Principality of Kohga.

Plainsandfields
1 year ago#75
Azyura posted...
Also, even her parents are getting annoyed by it. She's been sending home letters and they're upset that all she talks about is Alm rather than how she's doing and her own wellbeing. You know, stuff parents actually want to hear about their child that went off to war?

User Info: Arne83

Arne83
1 year ago#76
apolloflameowns posted...
Faye: It’s so cold in the Rigelian Empire— nothing at all like Zofia. When we first left Ram, I never dreamed we would come so far. I hope Ma and Pa and Nana are doing all right without me… I send them letters, you know? Just the other day, I got one back. They said I talk too much about you. They want to know what’s happening with me, not you. But they don’t understand that I AM writing about myself! Or at least I’m writing about what matters to me…

Best base convo

That's... concerning.
""Maturity" is an illusion." -Endgame
NNID: Arne83

User Info: its_Rinoa_bish

its_Rinoa_bish
1 year ago#77
Davzz posted...
its_Rinoa_bish posted...
I can imagine she wouldn't have half the fans praising her character if she instead looked like Sully or Rinkah lol

The heck?

Sully has some weird lips which I think hurts her appearance, but there's nothing wrong with Rinkah unless you really hate muscles on women.

You missed the point. People defend Faye's personality because she's cute. Cute/pretty girl characters are more popular than typical non-cute/pretty girl characters. Therefore more people defend Faye's sucky character because she's cute.
Now if Sully or Rinkah had the same personality as Fei, they wouldn't be getting the same kind of love (they're not ugly but they're not popular for being cute unlike Faye).

I hope that made sense lol

Azyura posted...

She probably realised that ever since Celica came into the picture, she had no chance :(
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. The Faye hate meme has gone on long enough

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived