• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
YinYarn 7 months ago#1
I kind of like this game, but I don't like Nocturne or Persona. Are there any other Shin Megami Tensei I would enjoy?
Exeunt All
sonicnewboy 7 months ago#2
You might enjoy the Devil Survivor games, though they play more like Fire Emblem, on a grid. No dungeon exploring, but you still get demon battles and fusion. Challenging games too.

Maybe SMT Soul Hackers. It's way dated but I found it fun anywho cuz I loved the aesthetic.

You may even like the Etrian Odyssey games which are like this game but without the demons. Instead you get more traditional rpg classes.
FC: 2449-4776-5871 (New Boy)
YinYarn 7 months ago#3
I adore Etrian Odyssey!
SRPGs are a big NO, unfortunately.
Exeunt All
officegossip 7 months ago#4
Maybe if you went into depth a lil bit more on why you enjoy this game we could help you.
Soul Hackers is close due to how modern it is in relation to recent Megaten games that have a first person dungeon crawling view and turn based combat with monster capture mechanics.
Black_Assassin 6 months ago#5
Devil Survivor isn't as much of an SRPG, as the combat is a traditional JRPG battle with 1-2 rounds. Only the movement is on a grid.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/
emanuele0933 6 months ago#6
Trust us, you HAVE to play Devil Survivor 1, it's the best written among the series
other than that as a dungeon crawling Megaten Experience there are only devil summoner and devil summoner soul hackers (and only the latter was released in the west)
FC: SW-1832-0808-6888 Shireen (Sw) FC: 2938-5940-9579 (3DS)
My HA Aprimons List: https://bit.ly/2PWW4Bx
TherianDream 6 months ago#7
If you enjoy more of this exploration type, then Devil summoner soul hackers on the 3ds is another SMT game like this, no alignment system but like its still good. Persona 1 and SMT IF have the same type of exploration but some older/different combat systems, but you would have to emulate those at this point since its unlikely to ever find a copy. Persona Q series is striaght up persona+etrian odyssey. And just older SMT titles in general should be your jam.
What will you dooooooooo!
Are you suuuuuuuuure?
Exa_Man 6 months ago#8
TherianDream posted...
If you enjoy more of this exploration type, then Devil summoner soul hackers on the 3ds is another SMT game like this, no alignment system but like its still good. Persona 1 and SMT IF have the same type of exploration but some older/different combat systems, but you would have to emulate those at this point since its unlikely to ever find a copy. Persona Q series is striaght up persona+etrian odyssey. And just older SMT titles in general should be your jam.

EVERYTHING this guy straight-up said & the first 2 old-old-school Shin Megami's on emulation, like I'm doing right now with English translation. >=P
Not changing this sig until Disney surprises us with: STAR WARS: The Emperor's New Groove (or Force) or Capcom releases MM Legends 3 which is just as likely. :(
haseo4 5 months ago#9
If you have a Vita, PS4 or Switch there's a few drpgs. The Lost Child is the most similar to SMT but you also might want to take a gander at Ray Gigant, Demon Gaze, Stranger of Sword City, Mary Skelter Nighmares, or Labyrinth of Refrain.
YinYarn 3 months ago#10
@haseo4 I tried a couple of those, but I lost interest quickly. They don’t have anything to offer over Etrian Odyssey.
Exeunt All
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A