• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth +
  3. The Forgotten has broken me.

User Info: Arcris88

Arcris88
2 months ago#1
The act of unlocking this character...im done with this game. This is one of the few last things i have to do, and i would LOVE to play as this character. Bit frankly, the unlock is the most frustrating thing ive ever had to deal with in any game.

And after 3 days of constantly.restarting my runs and not seeing pyromaniac ONCE...im done. As far as im concerned, ive finished this game. So long Forgotten. You would be missed, but i never got to know you.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
2 months ago#2
It would be nice if they gave you an alternate unlock method like the Lost. Forgotten is a lot of fun to play. Have you tried playing on Normal difficulty using Azazel?
A mod deleted my signature because I was complaining about the mods.
Thanks for proving my point for me.

User Info: Hayato Nekketsu

Hayato Nekketsu
2 months ago#3
I unlocked him without Pyromaniac/Host Hat. Pick Azazel and stay on the move constantly and use the shovel's active to stop the stomping during troublesome rooms/bosses.

It's just going to get worse in Repentance if you wait to try it there btw due to new enemies and Mom's (and Satan's) stomp no longer counting as an explosion.
(edited 2 months ago)

Arcris88
2 months ago#4
Gargomon251 posted...
It would be nice if they gave you an alternate unlock method like the Lost. Forgotten is a lot of fun to play. Have you tried playing on Normal difficulty using Azazel?
Normal Azazel is all i do. I made it to Boss Rush once in the last, i dunno....300 runs? And then died because a Pin popped out underneath me.

Arcris88
2 months ago#5
Hayato Nekketsu posted...
I unlocked him without Pyromaniac/Host Hat. Pick Azazel and stay on the move constantly and use the shovel's active to stop the stomping during troublesome rooms/bosses.

It's just going to get worse in Repentance if you wait to try it there btw due to new enemies and Mom's (and Satan's) stomp no longer counting as an explosion.
While i appreciate the advice, im already doing that. Stay moving is a catch 22...stop, get stomped. Keep moving, run in a circle back into the stomp or an enemy. I cant tell you how many times ill be moving, for the shadow to appear over a pit, then as i cross that spot again im hit. Or how many times i try to weave around the room only to.get cornered by stomps. Or bump an enemy because the legs obstruct half the damn screen.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
2 months ago#6
Arcris88 posted...
Normal Azazel is all i do. I made it to Boss Rush once in the last, i dunno....300 runs? And then died because a Pin popped out underneath me.
Yikes. And isn't pin like the one burrowing enemy that actually telegraphs, unlike the Stain etc?

Hayato Nekketsu posted...
I unlocked him without Pyromaniac/Host Hat
That doesn't even work in Repentence anymore, as of March

-Pyromaniac now grants Isaac immunity to fire, but no longer protects against stomps or shockwaves. Explosions now only heal Isaac for half of a heart (previously healed a full heart).

(I know repentence isn't on switch but still)
A mod deleted my signature because I was complaining about the mods.
Thanks for proving my point for me.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth +
  3. The Forgotten has broken me.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A