• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth +
  3. Is Repentance an add-on for this game?

User Info: HaloOfTheSun442

HaloOfTheSun442
1 month ago#1
I've been interested in Binding of Isaac for a while, but I see Repentance is coming out in a few months. For PC it's indicated as an add-on, but apparently this Afterbirth is also an add-on? There are so many versions of this game that I'm just confused and I'm finding a lot of conflicting information.

Is Repentance this game, plus more stuff, or do you have to have this game and it's just DLC sold on a physical cartridge for some reason

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 month ago#2
Yes, it's dlc, but the switch version will not be available until summer.

The switch version is currently only Afterbirth +. The pc version is Rebirth, with the DLC being Afterbirth, Afterbirth +, and Repentance. I'm pretty sure each dlc requires all the previous ones.
Gamefaqs mods are hypocrites. They change, ignore, or misinterpret rules in any way that suits them.
(edited 1 month ago)

HaloOfTheSun442
1 month ago#3
$60 DLC? For real? That's outrageous.

Gargomon251
1 month ago#4
HaloOfTheSun442 posted...
$60 DLC? For real? That's outrageous.
The base game is currently $14.99 on steam.
AB is $10.99
AB+ is $9.99
Repentance is $14.99
Even if you add that all together, it's a little over 60 and it's well worth it.

Switch version contains all of that except Repentance, and it's currently 40 dollars digitally (I don't remember what I paid at launch)

The physical version of Repentance, which I just learned about now, is 60, yes, but it's standalone, which means it includes ALL the dlc at once. It's not like Ballad of the Champions or a Smash Bros Fighters Pass you enter a code for, it's literally the entire game.

Edmund has confirmed you will also be able to purchase the DLC separately if you already have AB+ on switch.

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1366617397470265344

I hope this clears things up.
Gamefaqs mods are hypocrites. They change, ignore, or misinterpret rules in any way that suits them.

User Info: Hayato Nekketsu

Hayato Nekketsu
1 month ago#5
The game is worth 60 bucks, it has hours and hours of gameplay if you want to unlock and see everything. On PC I have over 400 hours spread across 3 years.

Gargomon251
1 month ago#6
Hayato Nekketsu posted...
The game is worth 60 bucks, it has hours and hours of gameplay if you want to unlock and see everything. On PC I have over 400 hours spread across 3 years.
I have 675 hours over 6 years, and I should really have more :( Even if you add the 250 hours on the switch version. I really thought I'd have at least 1000 by now.

HaloOfTheSun442
1 month ago#7
Thanks for clearing things up. I thought it was 60 just for Repentance, but if it contains everything that's a good deal. Amazon's product page didn't have this information at the time I posted this, either, but it now states that the physical release does in fact have the base game plus everything else together, too. It seems when I posted this was kind of a new announcement, I guess, and info wasn't clear yet.

Gargomon251
1 month ago#8
HaloOfTheSun442 posted...
Thanks for clearing things up. I thought it was 60 just for Repentance, but if it contains everything that's a good deal. Amazon's product page didn't have this information at the time I posted this, either, but it now states that the physical release does in fact have the base game plus everything else together, too. It seems when I posted this was kind of a new announcement, I guess, and info wasn't clear yet.
I would love to buy the all-in-one repentance game card, but even if I sell AB+ it would still cost way more, and I'm not sure if the save files are interchangeable.

User Info: mrmtmn

mrmtmn
1 month ago#9
I have every intention of purchasing a physical Repentance.
I'm guessing Repentance as dlc, the save files will be compatible. But I'm guessing as a complete game... they wont be.

But I know almost nothing: ) The only thing I do know is that I will be happy to start the game from scratch again.
A ball is better than a marble.
3DS: 2423-6139-0678

Gargomon251
1 month ago#10
mrmtmn posted...
I'm guessing Repentance as dlc, the save files will be compatible
Well obviously. They're not going to nuke your saves just because you bought dlc.
  1. Boards
  2. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth +
  3. Is Repentance an add-on for this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A