You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: mrmtmn

mrmtmn
5 months ago#1
This is a slow board nowadays but I've been checking in regularly in anticipation of the Forgotten pack.
Let's pass the time with a list of personal favorite items. I don't care what type of item it is. Also, it doesn't have to be "best", just items that you enjoy or go out of your way to keep even if it's not good for your run. Choose 10.
My List:
10) Petrified poop. Conditionally useful until later on. I think I enjoy this it because it's poop that you find in poop.
9) I'm Drowsy pill. This showed me how to beat Hush. When I find one I keep it until end game and base a strategy around it.
8) Nose Goblin/Sinus Infection. Booger tears make low damage runs more realistic and more fun.
7) Euthanasia. Didn't discover the usefulness until a couple of months ago. This might be my 2nd favorite greed mode item.
6) Daddy Long Legs. Smash!
5) Smelter. Started using this recently. Changed the way I Iooked at trinkets. Now I do challenge runs where I buy Smelter at 1st opportunity and am only allowed to pick up trickets going forward.
4) Lead pencil. One of my Yea!! items. Works well in every non-explosive situation, but I don't enjoy explosive shots. You don't even have to do anything to take advantage of it.
3) Pinking Shears. I feel that this is a win item if I save it for the boss. My favorite greed mode item.
2) Bumbo. He might make a lot of lists. I love creating Bumbo and then he kicks ass. Plus he has a cool name.
1) Rune bag. I was thinking about which runes to put on my list, but this item covers them all. It's pretty common and every rune is good. This fits into 95% of all my runs. I love this item. I get a smile every time I see the little purple bag follow me.

Honorable mentions:
7 Seals, White Pony, Succubus, black hearts, Sharp Straw, Stop Watch, Tech .5, Jacobs Ladder, Number One, The Mind.

There are so many fun items. Overall, it looks like I enjoy items that I don't have to manage much. I know my list would be different in a month based on evolving play style.
A ball is better than a marble.

User Info: Cillzone1721

Cillzone1721
5 months ago#2
Personally....rage is building (not sure of the actual name) and the leech worm thing.
Gamers Never Die, We Just Level Up.
FC 3926-7805-4442 , https://discord.gg/aGaZpaB <Super Chill and Friendly Discord Server

User Info: Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan
5 months ago#3
Honestly I just love the flashlight one, I hate the times were the levels get dark.

Like its one of my absolutely least favorite things about this game

I also love the knife, I somehow ended up with a combo were I shot a bomb and it exploded into a bunch of knives covering the entire screen, it was glorious, I wish I remembered what I picked up for that to happen.
Ridley

User Info: largeboi

largeboi
5 months ago#4
Black Candle is one that has a place forever deep in my heart, maybe it's just because I have an uncanny lack of ability on cursed floors, but it never fails to make me happy on a run.

You also can't forget Sack Boy and Humble Bundle. Consumables 4 evar and evar babey!
Ask me about my scythe.
"Ok but a 37 lose streak on Isaac isn't even that bad"

User Info: Descendedakame

Descendedakame
5 months ago#5
Tear changing for the fun of it. Otherwise, I still squeal like a happy pig whenever I get Tech X.. It's by far my favourite item in the game. Got Tech X, Spoon Bender and Brimstone two days ago. The game looses it's challenge, but by bumbo, it's good fun.
Gamertag: DESCENDED

User Info: mrmtmn

mrmtmn
5 months ago#6
Tech X + homing tears is great. I didn't discover it until a few months ago (I used the book for homing). I dont pick up the combo every at every opportunity because of challenge, but it's super fun sometimes.
A ball is better than a marble.

User Info: the_NGW

the_NGW
5 months ago#7
@Shotgunryugan posted...
Honestly I just love the flashlight one, I hate the times were the levels get dark.

Like its one of my absolutely least favorite things about this game

I also love the knife, I somehow ended up with a combo were I shot a bomb and it exploded into a bunch of knives covering the entire screen, it was glorious, I wish I remembered what I picked up for that to happen.

Sounds like Mom's Knife with Doctor Fetus and Sad Bombs
GP Vs 2016: Second Place Winner
PSN: ourtheNGW | Nintendo Switch: SW-1891-6374-1416 Official R.O.B. of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan
5 months ago#8
Thank you.
Ridley

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
5 months ago#9
I'm really surprised you didn't mention polyphemus, d6, brimstone, epic fetus, mutant spider, tech 2, a card against humanity, tech x, tiny planet, soy milk, mom's knife, monstro's lung, blank card, ipecac, or even continuum
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: Hayato Nekketsu

Hayato Nekketsu
4 months ago#10
Outside of broken items I like Technology Zero. The fact you get more damage by zig zagging while firing (unless you have spectral tears) so the electricity passes through enemies instead of just the tears makes it fun.
Also makes it one of the few times The Wiz is worth picking up.
(edited 4 months ago)