You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Octopath Traveler
  3. Does this game have a superboss? Like Emerald Weapon in FFVII or Ozma in FFIX

User Info: galfasanta1111

galfasanta1111
4 weeks ago#1
I am 13 hours into the game and am struggling to keep going because I heard each characters side story makes up the vast majority of the story, that there is no central plot.

If there is a tough superboss to beat i'd keep on going due to the challenge that would bring.
Kiss my ring, it's a Frank White thing.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
4 weeks ago#2
Yes. After you beat all eight Chapter 4's, there is unlockable postgame content that ties up some plot threads and has the superboss.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: Nitros14

Nitros14
4 weeks ago#3
There's a 'secret' final boss but it's not really a superboss.

You can overlevel it if you keep leveling past 60 and certain builds absolutely destroy it.

If you fight it at level 55 and don't do anything too cheesy it's a good challenge.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: chang3ling

chang3ling
4 weeks ago#4
Nitros14 posted...
There's a 'secret' final boss but it's not really a superboss.

You can overlevel it if you keep leveling past 60 and certain builds absolutely destroy it.

This basically describes every 'superboss', including the ones he listed in the topic (which, I found it funny he didn't list Ruby Weapon, as Ruby is generally considered the much more difficult encounter).
~The trance is the motion

User Info: DeltaInferno

DeltaInferno
4 weeks ago#5
I was lv 70 and still had trouble with the extra jobs. And there's seven bosses stronger than the ch4 bosses, so techincally the post game is a bit longer.
3ds friend code:1908 1467 8353

User Info: RamonConejo

RamonConejo
3 weeks ago#6
I remember destroying the weapons in FFVII with my own discoveries, because back in the day 1997 there was no gamefaqs or even internet? Lol, so basically my first big cheese discovery was the Lucky Seven trick, remember? If you somehow manage to get 7777 hp you triggered like 10~27 consecutive hits of 9999 damage, that one helped with Rubi..

However the real thing happened in some underwater cave were I found a group of ultra rare monsters that dropped Stats Seeds!! Yes like some kind of legal hack 😂 I rised all the stats with Cid Highwind for God sake his limit Break was a fricking missile pandemonium! With max stats!
Epic Seven "Chocoboy"

User Info: m0ir

m0ir
2 weeks ago#7
RamonConejo posted...
I remember destroying the weapons in FFVII with my own discoveries, because back in the day 1997 there was no gamefaqs or even internet? Lol, so basically my first big cheese discovery was the Lucky Seven trick, remember? If you somehow manage to get 7777 hp you triggered like 10~27 consecutive hits of 9999 damage, that one helped with Rubi..

However the real thing happened in some underwater cave were I found a group of ultra rare monsters that dropped Stats Seeds!! Yes like some kind of legal hack 😂 I rised all the stats with Cid Highwind for God sake his limit Break was a fricking missile pandemonium! With max stats!

need to fact check gamefaqs has been around since 1995

User Info: Uta

Uta
1 week ago#8
m0ir posted...
need to fact check gamefaqs has been around since 1995

And before that there were tons of sites like various Zelda fan forums that taught you the hard puzzles and many obscure JRPGs had importing guides. I remember using some website back in Pokemon Yellow to find and catch all the Pokemon. (Pretty sure the proto-internet was invented in WW2 and became commercially available in the 70s or 80s, with a significant rise in popularity in the 90s preceding the dreaded "Y2K Bug" (90s is commonly sited as Internet officially becoming Mainstream)
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
5 days ago#9
Geocities Fan Sites in the 90's were amazing.

Complete with music that lagged the f*** out of 56k connections, and Guestbooks you could say bad words on and laugh about.
  1. Boards
  2. Octopath Traveler
  3. Does this game have a superboss? Like Emerald Weapon in FFVII or Ozma in FFIX