I was afraid of this

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Octopath Traveler
  3. I was afraid of this

User Info: LinkofEvil

LinkofEvil
2 months ago#1
Hipster reviewers we have never heard of are lowing a great game such as this to an undeserved score, now 83% on metacritic. Wouldn't be surprised by the end of it, it has a review score of FFXV (81%.)

User Info: BurningAzure

BurningAzure
2 months ago#2
The honeymoon phase for this game has ended, now people are seeing this game for what it really is.
"TAKE THHHHHHHIIIISSSSSS!!"
- Rex

User Info: Comyx

Comyx
2 months ago#3
BurningAzure posted...
The honeymoon phase for this game has ended, now people are seeing this game for what it really is.

Not really, considering it's only a handful of outlier reviews that gave it less than 8...
PC / Switch / PS4 / 3DS

User Info: minneyar

minneyar
2 months ago#4
83% is a good score. Frankly, it's fantastic for what is basically a retro JRPG, which is a pretty niche genre nowadays. In comparison, Trails in the Sky the 3rd is also at 83%.

User Info: KINDERFELD

KINDERFELD
2 months ago#5
Imagine being so invested in a game that its metacritic scores going up or down matters that much.

Just play and enjoy the game.
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps

User Info: Fogtogman

Fogtogman
2 months ago#6
It's only 1 point.......

User Info: yumeko

yumeko
2 months ago#7
Even if the scores aren't as high as you think it should be, the game is undeniably more popular that people expected, so you can argue its getting the popularity it deserves at least.
http://i.imgur.com/FyN68Sj.jpg http://i.imgur.com/KYBhD6J.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wlFWw3J.gif [[Proud Member of the Three Yusketeers!]]

User Info: cynicalsaint

cynicalsaint
2 months ago#8
The game has already exceeded it's sales expectations.
Why are we still caring about metacritic scores at this point?
If all else fails, use fire.
PSN/Steam - cynicalsaint ~:::~ XBL - cynicalsaint0 ~:::~ battle.net - cynicalsaint#1360

User Info: Alpha218

Alpha218
2 months ago#9
BurningAzure posted...

The hype around the game has died down. Don’t you knobs have other games to move onto s***ting on?
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite user on the Citadel.
Now Playing: Rainbow 6: Siege, Octopath Traveler, Enter the Gungeon, WarioWare Gold

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
2 months ago#10
The game is already a massive success, and they have confirmed there will be more games like this. Which indirectly also confirms Octopath 2. Who cares about review scores? It's the sales that matter. Even if a game has a solid 100% after 1.000 reviews, it won't matter at all if the sales flopped.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
~ H.P. Lovecraft ~
  1. Boards
  2. Octopath Traveler
  3. I was afraid of this

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived