Question about shrine bosses (SPOILERS)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Octopath Traveler
  3. Question about shrine bosses (SPOILERS)

User Info: bigroc10304

bigroc10304
6 days ago#1
I've gone into the rune kade, srchmagus, and one of the other shrines that have bosses. All my characters are around lvl 43.... But no matter what, I get ANNIHILATED by the bosses in those areas. I've tried several different tactics, to no avail... Do I need to be in the high 50's or even higher? I just went into the runeblade cave... And the damage he dealt was over 2k per character. My HP isn't that high to sustain anymore than one shot.

Olberic is my main, his HP is 3,799
Tressa is a 43 w/HPSs 2,994
Ophelia is a 36 w/HPSs 3,134
And Alfy is a lvl 41 w/HPs 3,397

They get wiped out after 2 MAYBE 3 turns...

Any suggestions on how to take down these bosses?
XBL- BIGROC -- PS+- OCIFIED -- Switch - SW-3395-9199-2890

bigroc10304
6 days ago#2
Sorry, it was the warbringer shrine this last time.

User Info: Tables

Tables
6 days ago#3
Low 40's is pretty underlevelled for them, but it's possible with the right skills. Saving Grace on everyone (from Cleric) makes things MUCH more easily managable. I would recommend starting with Dreisang, the Archmagus. The general consensus is that Dreisang + Steorra are the easier two, while Winnehild and Balogar are the harder two.
Everyone is entitled to my own opinion.

User Info: Susie101

Susie101
6 days ago#4
Do Starseer and Sorcerer before Warbringer and Runeblade. The magic users are easier because you can cheese with cleric reflect strategies.

Also, doing the magical shrines first will help you against the physical shrines...The Starseer ability Starsong increases physical defense, evasion, and speed. If you can spare the JP, the Divine Aura passive skill nulls 25% of incoming hits. Sorcerer helps on any boss because you can do 3 hits of any element, making it easier to break.

User Info: TWPE

TWPE
6 days ago#5
Dreisang is definitely the easiest (regardless of reflect tactics), and unlocking sorcerer makes killing the other bosses that much quicker.

Steorra (starseer) is either one of the hardest bosses, or easiest, depending on whether or not you abuse reflect (or at least equip some clarity stones).

If you don't abuse reflect, then at your level you basically need to abuse saving grace to have a reliable chance of surviving the two elemental bosses. This is especially true if your damage output isn't high enough to try and skip their final phase (otherwise they're probably going to nuke you with their divine). So you need to decide if you want to cheese them with reflect or rely on over-healing with saving grace (this can get pretty cheesy too with Alfyn in the party).
Luck and skill go hand-in-hand.

bigroc10304
6 days ago#6
I still need to find the other 2 shrines for 'jobs'...

So far I've got scholor, warrior, apothecary, hunter, cleric and dancer... Been looking for thief, but can't seem to find it. Even with the interactive map...

I wanted to get the jobs all done before I started chapter 3s.

User Info: TWPE

TWPE
6 days ago#7
Thief is at South Quarrycrest Pass. Merchant is at Moonstruck Coast. These are Cliftlands and Coastlands regions, respectively.
Luck and skill go hand-in-hand.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Susie101

Susie101
6 days ago#8
bigroc10304 posted...
I still need to find the other 2 shrines for 'jobs'...

So far I've got scholor, warrior, apothecary, hunter, cleric and dancer... Been looking for thief, but can't seem to find it. Even with the interactive map...

I wanted to get the jobs all done before I started chapter 3s.

Getting the secret jobs will trivialize chapter 4. Why not hold off until after?

The thief shrine is outside Quarrycrest iirc. In general all the normal job shrines are in level 20ish field areas.
(message deleted)

User Info: the_NGW

the_NGW
6 days ago#10
For the record, the advanced jobs are intended for after chapter 4 as they are ridiculously powerful and make most fights a joke.
GP Vs 2016: Second Place Winner
PSN: ourtheNGW, Now Playing: Octopath Traveler, Captain Toad, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth +, Mario Tennis Aces
  1. Boards
  2. Octopath Traveler
  3. Question about shrine bosses (SPOILERS)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.