• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Octopath Traveler
  3. I'm going to predict the 8 endings (spoilers)

User Info: SamBamBamz

SamBamBamz
4 months ago#1
O
C
T
O
P
A
T
H

T
R
A
V
E
L
E
R

I'm thinking that either "TRAVELER" is going to be backwards spelling, "RELEVART" or the endgame bosses for each protaganist will have a different protaganist's instead.
For example, Erhardt's the presumed antaganist for Olberic's path, where octOpath traVeler would include a V instead of an E. octOpath traVeler

Now, were it backwards in octOpath relEvart, Erhardt would fit nice in it alongside Olberic

That then brings up the question of who would be the V? My guess would be Primrose. Again, octoPath releVart.

I cannot remember anyone with V. Maybe one of the 3 Crows is the final boss?

In this case, if it's the original spelling of octopath traveler, then would Olberic face off against one of the 3 Crows? octOpath traVeler.

Through your ideas in. Maybe I'm on to something... Or, perhaps not. Who knows.
Woo

User Info: Zwiebach1

Zwiebach1
4 months ago#2
Not to shoot down the theory but isn't it more likely that "Traveler" has nothing to do with the game and is just there to let people know this is a game where you travel across a continent with 8 characters, each with their own stories and paths?
2018 Day 1 Buys: God of War, Octopath Traveler, Spider-Man, & Grip

User Info: SamBamBamz

SamBamBamz
4 months ago#3
Zwiebach1 posted...
Not to shoot down the theory but isn't it more likely that "Traveler" has nothing to do with the game and is just there to let people know this is a game where you travel across a continent with 8 characters, each with their own stories and paths?

possibly, but I like to theorize
Woo

User Info: butterbeancd

butterbeancd
4 months ago#4
Zwiebach1 posted...

It certainly could be no more than that. But it’s still interesting that when you spell “Traveler” backward, Olberic lines up with E (Erhardt), Tressa lines up with L (Leon), and Therion lines up with R (Ravus). There’s at least enough circumstantial evidence to make people believe it could be significant.
3DS FC: 2165-5397-6214
"I will bring myself sexual pleasure later while thinking about this with great respect." -Iron Bull, DA:I

User Info: Zwiebach1

Zwiebach1
4 months ago#5
butterbeancd posted...
Zwiebach1 posted...

It certainly could be no more than that. But it’s still interesting that when you spell “Traveler” backward, Olberic lines up with E (Erhardt), Tressa lines up with L (Leon), and Therion lines up with R (Ravus). There’s at least enough circumstantial evidence to make people believe it could be significant.

True, but do you really think Leon would became an antagonist to Tressa? Or Madame Ravus to Therion?
2018 Day 1 Buys: God of War, Octopath Traveler, Spider-Man, & Grip

User Info: Lunar Eclipse

Lunar Eclipse
4 months ago#6
SamBamBamz posted...
Zwiebach1 posted...

possibly, but I like to theorize

Also, since this is somewhat tangentially related to Bravely Default/Bravely Second, it's worth consideration since Flying Fairy/As the Fairy Flies and End Layer both had additional significance that was only revealed during the endgame.
"Let those who war with life forfeit their own!" --Mareg, Grandia II

User Info: Uta

Uta
4 months ago#7
And as I explained in the last traveler thread. You're the traveler. If there's a twist that's it. Sort of like Send Player.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

User Info: End_King_Peach

End_King_Peach
4 months ago#8
Little do we know, the 8 villains of each path are also teaming up and going on misadventures.
20: New User (2)
Our Greatest glory is fighting to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Confucius

User Info: SocJus_Sundae

SocJus_Sundae
4 months ago#9
Cordelia will be Therion's final boss.
There is absolutely no reason to play Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright.

User Info: butterbeancd

butterbeancd
4 months ago#10
Zwiebach1 posted...
butterbeancd posted...
Zwiebach1 posted...

True, but do you really think Leon would became an antagonist to Tressa? Or Madame Ravus to Therion?

Madame Ravus, definitely. I could absolutely see her becoming that plotline’s ultimate villain. Leon, certainly not from what we’ve seen so far. Though he was a bad dude in the past, so there could be some karma there.
3DS FC: 2165-5397-6214
"I will bring myself sexual pleasure later while thinking about this with great respect." -Iron Bull, DA:I
  1. Boards
  2. Octopath Traveler
  3. I'm going to predict the 8 endings (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived