• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Warriors
  3. The Archanea representation was not done well

User Info: Langobalt

Langobalt
3 months ago#1
No pegasus sisters, really? And of the iconic Talys party, only Marth and Caeda are playable? If you’re not going to give us the OG Christmas cavs, at least throw us a bone with Jeigan as a Frederick clone or something. And even though the Galda axe bros aren’t popular, I would’ve loved to see Barst. The game is weirdly lacking foot-based axe-wielding heavies, and Barst could’ve summoned his siblings for some fun musou attacks. But no, instead we get a character specifically intended for foot fetishists 🙄🙄🙄

sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/83fxzu/til_the_director_of_few_said_linde_has_sexy_feet/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body
Feel the wrath of Swanchika!!!
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Tables

Tables
3 months ago#2
Asides from the lack of Jagen, honestly it felt fine to me. Marth and Caeda are obviously the most important two characters. Third would be Jagen. After that you're sort of done with the main cast characters and into the B list already. Nobody else really has too much significance or development except Nyna (who is an NPC until New Mystery). Linde, Tiki and Minerva all seem like fairly reasonable picks for additional characters, they have a story significant moment or two each. Navarre is a bit more of an oddball really, and considering the number of sword users the game already has could honestly have gone to someone else. We didn't need an extra Lyn clone sword user, really.

The whitewings wouldn't have been good additions. They aren't very significant in Shadow Dragon (they'd fit better for Echoes or New Mystery) and the game already has three Pegasus knights. Plus having just one of them would have felt kind of awkward. None of the other chapter 1-2 characters have all that much in game significance either in Shadow Dragon. There's all the memes and their TV show infamy, but broadly they're just... there.

If I had to pick 6 characters for Shadow Dragon it would probably be Marth, Caeda, Minerva, Jagen, Tiki and Merric/Linde. Variety of weapons (all but a bow), mostly significant story wise except Merric/Linde (still, both at least have a tiny bit more than most). Could maybe go Lena instead of those two, or Elice, or even Nyna maybe, all are reasonable as tome users.
Everyone is entitled to my own opinion.

Langobalt
3 months ago#3
I guess if you’re thinking of it in terms of only Book 1 being represented, your opinion makes sense. But if we’re talking about Archanea as a whole (and its characters that cross over with Valentia) then the pegasus sisters make more sense than anyone else. Obviously this game already has too many pegs but come on, is anyone really a diehard Hinoka fan? I’d much prefer Palla or Catria over her. If you rolled all 3 sisters into one character, you could’ve given them some interesting mechanics that involve using 3 pegs at once like a weakened permanent pair-up or something. These ladies are playable in more FE games than any other character. They’re definitely worth it to put in. At least we got the triangle attack represented in Sheda’s moveset.

And yeah, Navarre is weird. I personally don’t like him very much and would’ve preferred to have Oguma as a heavier sword guy; I’m not really one for the edgy myrms. But I guess they wanted to put in a Lyn clone, and Navarre is the easiest Archanean to pigeonhole into that archetype.

and I know I called her a foot fetish character, but I do understand it makes sense for Linde to be playable. She’s the one to tell Mars everything is f***ed at the beginning of Book 2, and she’s Miloah’s heir (although does anyone care about Miloah??). still weird that the director said they put her in for her “sexy feet” though, wtf?

I guess my fundamental issue is that I want this game to represent both books of Archanea (I personally prefer book 2 to book 1), but the creators decided they would only be drawing on Book 1 for inspiration, which is highly disappointing to me.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Retrostarman87

Retrostarman87
3 months ago#4
My biggest complaint regarding the Archanea representation is the fact they picked Linde OVER Merric. That is an absolutely baffling decision on many levels. Merric is a much more useful character overall, comes in much earlier into the story, and arguably plays a much more important role in the story. Oh, and did I mention his stats are much better in his games? And on top of all of this, he has two great options for personal tomes that could have been used in game (Excalibur and/or Starlight).

I think I only used Linde once seriously through in any of my FE playthroughs, which was when I played FE1 when it was localized this past year -- mainly because magic is absolutely broken in the game as almost every enemy has 0 resistance. She was pretty decent, but I still used Merric a lot more.

Needless to say Merric was one of my favorite units in Marth's games. And honestly, I feel like anyone who has played through any of them would be drawn to him too due to his versatility in his spells and his early appearance in the game.

The Gamecube was totally underrated.
People who Agree: 128 Tell me if you agree!

User Info: Tables

Tables
3 months ago#5
Linde over Merric makes perfect sense to me. They're both pretty much equal in terms of importance in book 1, both having some light links into the story and being experts in one major time. Merric is much stronger gameplay wise (in FE11, Linde is better in FE12 but Warriors is FE11 focused) but that doesn't really matter here. So how do you determine between which of the two to add? They went with fan service, mostly. Linde is femail and Merric is noticeably not female. And we all know Linde has sexy feet, of course.

I personally probably would have preferred Merric, I just like him a bit more as a character, but in terms of significance I can't see much to distinguish them.
Everyone is entitled to my own opinion.

Langobalt
3 months ago#6
I am in agreement with both of you about Merric. He's simply a more fun character than Linde. He makes a good first impression as your first offensive magic user in book 1, whereas Linde starts with worse base stats despite being recruited 7 chapters later. Why bother with her when you've got Merric and Wendell? And even though he misses out on earlygame book 2, he finally arrives right before Anri's Way and can hit wyverns for effective damage, plus he comes at level 10 so you can instapromote him for those sexy bishop stats (or sage in the remake). He's got great "unit feel", as some FE youtube channels might say. And idk why, but to me, Merric always felt like the character who was most suited to using Starlight against Garnev. Plus, he actually has some history with Marth. Didn't they go to school together in Altea, or Khadein or something?

Of course, just like Heroes, this game is tilted more in the direction of sexed-up lady characters than your average FE. Linde is the most scantily-clad of the Archanean women, so I guess it's at least consistent with the rest of this game's decisions.
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Warriors
  3. The Archanea representation was not done well
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A