• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Warriors
  3. Need help in improving my characters
GX6000 5 months ago#1
Hello everyone. I need help in leveling my characters, gaining materials, and getting lots of money. Most of the videos and topics I came across already had improved characters and tons of money so I would like to know where to start. I finished story mode with the highest leveled character as 37. Cannot seem to progress on tough history mode challenges. Thank you!!
United we stand; divided we fall.
GuyKnight 5 months ago#2
So you want to prioritize supporting Marth with almost everyone (especially your strongest character) for his skill: Paragon as that will help lessen grinding quite a bit. Chrom is the next priority as Luna is a great damage skill on everyone.

Next is the weapon slot. Obviously, try to use the strongest weapons that have Diving, First Class and Power Up. Following that is identifying Boost skills, with the best one being Pair Up+ although Critical+ is also good.

Also use blessings. Rare-Materials Blessing at 100 Bronze is definitely useful after a certain point where you won't really be grinding for Bronze material.

Chapter 20 in the story mode (if you pick Rowan) allows for some character material grinding as their clones will drop their material of the deployed characters although I have heard that chapter 15 is also good for support grinding as well but not as great as chapter 20 with how convenient it is.

Also don't forget to sell any lesser rank/weaker weapons for more gold.
(edited 5 months ago)
GX6000 5 months ago#3
Thank you so much for your reply. Will be sure to those advices ASAP. From most if not all the weapons I have, I did not see any boost skills that you mentioned (unless they are not weapon skills?) I also read that getting strong A and S weapons come from harder stages so I guess will use the highest B rank that I can find. Thank you again!
Tables 5 months ago#4
First Class, Divining and Power Up are weapon skills. They're fairly common so you should have some weapons with them, even if they're weaker weapons. Not ideal to transfer them across but it still helps.

Contrary to what GuyKnight said I would recommend prioritising Ryoma over Chrom for Astra. Luna is an excellent skill, but only once characters have a high luck stat - and with your best characters being around level 37 and likely many still being unpromoted, your luck won't be high enough for Luna to shine yet. Astra is simply a huge power improvement to anyone, speeding up their attacks considerably.

In History mode, prioritise the earlier maps as they are lower level. You can see each mission's recommended levels, those tend to be a good guide to what you can probably complete. Consider aiming to complete the third map (at least up to beating the boss), as the reward is the Exalted Falchion scroll, allowing you to upgrade Marth's Falchion to 240 power. This will make him a real powerhouse, as weapon power tends to matter more than character stats, and with a much stronger Marth you will be able to complete other harder missions, which in turn will get you more strong weapons.

For weapon unlocks, A rank weapons (braves) are unlocked in the 4th and 5th history maps, they're mostly level 50ish recommended. S rank weapons (Hero) are available to everyone from a free update, but personally I don't recommend prioritising them - the S rank weapon upgrade is extremely expensive, and S rank weapons are also very rare. If you don't have the DLC you'll eventually want to get S rank on everyone, as their max power (720) is considerably better than the 240 that personal weapons cap at, but if you do have the DLC you can upgrade personal weapons to 720 eventually.
Everyone is entitled to my own opinion.
GX6000 5 months ago#5
Thanks for the additional advice. Forgot to update that my current strongest character is Marth at lv 70. 1 of each the character class (mage, lance, archer, axe, etc) is around lv 40 and promoted while the rest are ignored. Marth has Luna and Paragon with a b sword that has the the basic skills that were mentioned. Going for Marth's Strong weapon now but I know I have to start gaining money to level up the rest of the roster because some missions have limited character selections.
Tables 5 months ago#6
You can get away with a pretty small set of levelled characters for a lot of the game. When I did a psuedo 100% speedrun I mostly just focused on about 4 characters, with four others partially levelled as well. If you level your main lord and one of each weapon type including at least one or two from each main game, you should be okay, if that's how you want to play. Probably aim for two from each main game as well.

Personally I don't think that's the most fun way to play though, it is more fun to train up and use most characters. Means you get more variety and options in your gameplay.
Everyone is entitled to my own opinion.
GX6000 5 months ago#7
Tables posted...
You can get away with a pretty small set of levelled characters for a lot of the game. When I did a psuedo 100% speedrun I mostly just focused on about 4 characters, with four others partially levelled as well. If you level your main lord and one of each weapon type including at least one or two from each main game, you should be okay, if that's how you want to play. Probably aim for two from each main game as well.

Personally I don't think that's the most fun way to play though, it is more fun to train up and use most characters. Means you get more variety and options in your gameplay.
I completely agree. I would like to use all characters to actually have fun with the game. Just need to get them leveled and get the strong weapons then I feel like a burden had been lifted XD
Sans Pants 2 months ago#8
My problem with Astra is it makes the animations too fast and I can't do the C# I want to no matter how much I try. I have to count swings in my head as I'm playing Musou games and Astra gives me faster swings than I can perceive.
I never asked for the weight of a heart.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Warriors
  3. Need help in improving my characters
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A