• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Warriors
  3. IT'S FINALLY DONE! Comprehensive moveset KO testing!

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
3 years ago#1
Methodology
I went through The Dark Pontifex Onslaught lv21 over 200 times, spending each 7 minute run using only a single move/combo, with 1 musou attack thrown in to deal with Corrin & Lissa to eliminate WTA/dueling bias.
(killing at least 1 of them is important, because it effects enemy spawns)
Everyone HAD to use this one special on each run (except Dragon Tiki, for obvious reasons), and if that single musou attack didn't fall in between the range of 80-100 KO's, it was an instant restart.

Here's a detailed map for the route I took for each run:
https://imgur.com/nGXSBfU
Killing officers is important, because if you don't they (and by extension the fodder units they lead) will just sit there the entire time.
However, if you DO kill them, the reinforcements that show up to replace them will actively seek you out, and they'll bring their fodder platoons with them.

I avoided the Transporter, because triggering them causes fodder to spawn around THEM instead of around YOU, and unlike other officers they will NEVER move - if you're off fighting in another part of the map, you'll notice fewer fodder enemies spawning.

The only times I DIDN'T follow this route was when I tested Dragon Tiki, since I needed the Transporters to help maintain Dragon form.

And here's the grading system I used-
Chefcook90 posted...
I've been ranking them all based on an alphabetized grading system, with 2000 being the cutoff for an F (since below that you fail to S rank) and 4000 being the cutoff for a A/A+

So it looks like this:

<2000: F
2000-2399:E- / E+
2400-2799:D- / D+
2800-3199:C- / D+
3200-3599:B- / B+
3600-3999:A- / A
4000-4399:A+ / A++
4400-4799:S- / S+
4800-5199:SS- / SS+
5200-5600:SSS
>5600: lol does it even matter at this point?

Results will be posted in the following post, because the list is way too long to post in the OP :B
If you add guns to FE, you're eventually going to end up with fliers with guns. Once you have fliers with guns, there is no reason to use anything else, EVER.

Chefcook90
3 years ago#2
Note: aside from Ryoma, none of these tests were performed using Astra.
A second set of tests was done for Ryoma without Astra for comparison.

Lianna & Rowan
Y7 string: B
C1 (minimum swings): D
C1 (maximum swings): E-
C2: E
C2 aerial ground-pound: A
C3: A+
C4: B
C5 (with ground-pound): A
C6: S+

Marth & Celica
Y7 string: D
C1: D
C2 aerial: E+
C3: SS+
C4: D+
C5: E
C6: A-

Chrom & Lucina
C1 spam: D
C1 fully charged (Armored Blow): E+ (D+)
C2: E- (it's REALLY good at juggling tho)
C3: A++
C4: A+
C5: D+
C6: A++

Ryoma: (using Astra)
Y7 string: C-
C1: E
C3: C+
C4: B
C5: C
C6: A
Ryoma: (without Astra)
Y7 string: E
C1: E-
C2: E-
C3: C-
C4: A?! +500 KOs!
C5: D
C6: B-

Xander
Y7 string: B+
Dash+Y: B
C1 / Dash+X: A
C2: D+
C2 double-jump ground-pound: A (da fuq is even this move?!)
C3: A
C4: C-
C5: B

Lyn
Y7 string: A-
C1: A+ (How is this a thing?!)
C2: C-
C2 air combo: C
C4: A
C5, maximum swings: B-
C5, minimum swings: B
C6: S

Corrin
Y7 string: C-
C1 Spam: F (1263 KOs)
C1 full charge (with Armored Blow): B- (A-)
C3: B-
C4: E
C6: D-

Elise & Leo
Y7 string: B
Dash+Y: A-
Dash+X, charged with Dash+Y: A+
C1 (mashing X): F- (891 KOs) I hereby dub this terrible move, "The Tickle Ball!"
C2: E-
C3: S-
C4: B-
C5: C+
C6: B- (possibly A- with Armored Blow - gets interrupted a LOT)

Robin
Y7 string: A+
C1 spam: B-
C1, charged with Y7 string: A++
C2: C+
C5: A

Archers
Y7 string: A+
C1 spam: S
C1 overdraw: F (1571 KOs)
C1 maximum draw (with Armored Blow): A+ (S)
C3: B
C4: A-
C5: A+ (mostly because it doesn't really interrupt their A+ Y string)

Lissa
Y7 string: E
C1: N/A
C2: E+
C3: C
C4: B-
C5: B+

Frederick
Y7 string: D+
Dash+Y: A- (very low damage)
Dash+X: C
C2: C-
C1: E
C3: A (Death Donuts FTW)
C4: C
C5: B-
C6: C-
Note: attacks deal massive damage to hooked enemies

Camilla
Y7 string: B-
Dash+X:SSS+
C1 uncharged spam: F (1776)
C1, charged with Y7 string: C+
C3: C+
C6: C

Pagasus Knights
Y7 string: B+
Dash+Y: E+
Dash+X: S+
C1 spam: SS
C2: C
C3: A+
C4: A-
C5: A

Tiki (child form)
C1 Spam: C
C2: E+
C3: FFF (1923 KOs)
C4: D-
C5: C-
C6: D+ (lol this move actually has a deceptively small hitbox)

Tiki (dragon form)
Y7 string: A
Dash+Y: B+
Dash+X: B-
C2: D+ (juggles SUPER HARD tho)
C3: B+
C4: D (fills the Warrior Gauge much faster than other charges)
C5: B
C6: A-
If you add guns to FE, you're eventually going to end up with fliers with guns. Once you have fliers with guns, there is no reason to use anything else, EVER.

Chefcook90
3 years ago#3
NOTES:
>Ryoma's higher C4 KO count w/o Astra: Only explanation I can think of is because this move is VERY accuracy dependent, and taking time to line up your shots is more important than spamming it out as fast as you can.

>Chrom & Lucy's fully charged C1: This is actually a RANGED attack that fires a powerful sword beam - note that depending on the angle of the terrain, the beam can actually dissapear into the ground, causing it to deal no damage. It would probably be a much stronger move if it put you into first-person view like with the archers.

>Archer's C2: Near impossible to hit enemies that haven't already been killed by Y1, so testing this was alsmost like testing Y1 with 2 second pauses in between strikes.

>Elise & Leo's Dash+Y: Note: EXTREMELY low base damage to the point that Luna actually throws off test results vs fodder units.

>Pegasus Dash+X: This move covers an EXTREME amount of distance and can be very difficult to aim - your results may vary.

>Tiki (child form) C1 spam: This move can be completely lag-canceled by pressing B to enter a roll the instant Tiki pulls out her Dragon Stone. I hereby dub this technique... 'cinimon rolling' :3

>Tiki (dragon form): every test except for the C1 test may not be accurate due to time wasted on repeat transformations and awakening specials, so take these with a grain of salt.
(edited 3 years ago)

User Info: iHardlyTriHard

iHardlyTriHard
3 years ago#4
Chefcook90 posted...
NOTES:
>Ryoma's higher C4 KO count w/o Astra: Only explanation I can think of is because this move is VERY accuracy dependent, and taking time to line up your shots is more important than spamming it out as fast as you can.

So if someone gets good enough with Ryoma's C4 with Astra equipped, do you think they could get it up to an S rating?

Chefcook90
3 years ago#5
iHardlyTriHard posted...
Chefcook90 posted...
NOTES:

So if someone gets good enough with Ryoma's C4 with Astra equipped, do you think they could get it up to an S rating?

Feasibly, yes.

But you'd need extremely good aim and frame-perfect timing - since his C5 and C3 both have ass clear, you'd need to NEVER hit them by accident while spamming out C4 as fast as humanly possible.
...while also lining up your shots to maximize the number of kills per sword beam.
(edited 3 years ago)

User Info: Tables

Tables
3 years ago#6
Pagasus Knights

This doesn't sound correct to me. C1 doesn't have that big of a range, and you have to wait for it to come down out of the air each time, right? Dash C1 should definitely at least be better, surely?
Everyone is entitled to my own opinion.

User Info: NuCoEm

NuCoEm
3 years ago#7
Very nice! EDIT: On second thought, this is amazing!

Y = regular attack? If so, you can see just how weak "Dash+Y" is by equipping a Beastslayer and using it against a purple fiend. Even with a 20x damage multiplier it doesn't do s***.

There are some surprised, but not many. For example, I would not have expected the archers's C5 to be A+, since the high fire rate tends to keep fodder from despawning after dying. By the way, I think it might be possible to get a higher KO count from the string if you dodge cancel after the 4th hit. I think that's when you've killed most of the mooks around you, so you might be better off dodge cancelling and starting a new string to give the game time to spawn new enemies.

Perhaps it's also a good idea to note if (and how) you rotated/changed angle during an attack animation (e.g. Corrin's C3 or Ryoma's C6).

I'm not surprised to see Lissa and Frederick suck at killing mooks. It's a shame Camilla is the only reasonable option for unlocking axe skills. At least she's amazing at it.
(edited 3 years ago)

User Info: blazyblazyblazy

blazyblazyblazy
3 years ago#8
So it's finally done!! Thanks for the map/detailed methodology, I for one had no idea that not approaching Transporters would spawn more enemies that pursued you. Kinda puts a damper on simultaneously getting KOs for Pair Up+ and farming generic Myrmidon/Soldier/etc. materials through killing Transporters.

On Ryoma's C4, now I wonder what the most effective way to attack is. Launching sword waves in a circle like a sun? Moving to the edge of the group and making more of a Chinese fan shape? And how much of a difference does it make to launch C4 in a different direction than the preceding Y3? You can apparently influence how/where enemies spawn through where you angle the camera too. I feel like spamming C4 isn't that hard....

Nice to know that Xander's dash X is on par with his other crowd-clearing options - I was worried that it was less efficient. Love using the thing. Also nice to know that the mages' charged C1s do make a different over dash Y (mounted) and basic string (Robin) alone.

Surprised to see that for Archers, C1 spam is pretty much as effective as fully charging it. Although IIRC, Astra speeds up the former but not the latter, so it looks like rapid-fire is the way to go there. Also surprising that Pegasus "C1 spam" is most effective - that's the one that pops you up and then slams you down at an angle? THAT'S their best crowd-clearer? It feels so slow....
"Die already!"
3DS: 4313-1374-5361 | Switch: 7645-6429-6976
(edited 3 years ago)

Chefcook90
3 years ago#9
Tables posted...
Pagasus Knights

This doesn't sound correct to me. C1 doesn't have that big of a range, and you have to wait for it to come down out of the air each time, right? Dash C1 should definitely at least be better, surely?

1. Both the forward-and-up charge and downward crash of C1 both have a MUCH bigger AoE than you might think.
2. It could just be that my aim with Dash+C1 is bad lol. It covers an INSANE amount of distance.
Should probably add that to the Notes section before the edit lockout.

User Info: Tables

Tables
3 years ago#10
Oh, I see. I didn't think about the crash down at the end, and didn't realise it had good range.
Everyone is entitled to my own opinion.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Warriors
  3. IT'S FINALLY DONE! Comprehensive moveset KO testing!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A