You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Your favorite Xenoblade game?

User Info: Zorux

Zorux
4 weeks ago#41
Nothing is more sweet than walking in town to the tune of the day and night themes of New LA.
b-b-but MY OPINION > YOUR OPINION. P.S.: MY OPINION = FACT
nowitsmytime posted...
MetaFalconPunch posted...
nowitsmytime posted...
XC1- Has flaws, but did best in what it could do. It's flaws don't matter because it set the standard of what a Xenoblade game should be.

Typical XC1 apologeticism

All I'm saying is that it's ups and downs are what makes it a Xenoblade game. It's not perfect of course, but the next two games come from XC1.

I mean, I sort of get what you’re saying. Like, if it introduced things that all three games share (or at least it and XC2) then they should be seen more as parts of the series than something to consider one game weaker than the other.

Buuuut I think XC1 does have things that make it less fun to play and that it shouldn’t get away with just because it was the first game because the other games improved over it. I thought those were what you meant.
Born too late to explore Earth, born too early to explore space. Born just in time to explore the wondrous and terrifying depths of the internet.

User Info: Zero280

Zero280
4 weeks ago#43
Zorux posted...
Nothing is more sweet than walking in town to the tune of the day and night themes of New LA.

Honestly the music is what almost ruined X for me as a game lol 2 is leaps and bounds ahead in music.
https://psnprofiles.com/ShadowLink3000

User Info: nowitsmytime

nowitsmytime
4 weeks ago#44
Zero280 posted...
Zorux posted...

Honestly the music is what almost ruined X for me as a game lol 2 is leaps and bounds ahead in music.

You just haven't been enlightened yet
Xenoblade Chronicles X is the best game of all time. Prove me wrong.
nowitsmytime posted...
Zero280 posted...
Zorux posted...

Indeed. X is a f***ing jam, but it is an acquired taste
Born too late to explore Earth, born too early to explore space. Born just in time to explore the wondrous and terrifying depths of the internet.

User Info: Arcenal407

Arcenal407
4 weeks ago#46
nowitsmytime posted...
Zero280 posted...
Zorux posted...

Most tracks were great. Unfortunately, the ones you hear the most sound like a parody of Western culture.
Arcenal407 posted...
nowitsmytime posted...
Zero280 posted...
Zorux posted...

Most tracks were great. Unfortunately, the ones you hear the most sound like a parody of Western culture.

Well when you’ve got a city called New Los Angeles, made by Japanese devs, with a soundtrack by a Japanese guy.....yeah, it kind of is. I thought it was a fun dash of character though.

User Info: Arcenal407

Arcenal407
4 weeks ago#48
Arcenal407 posted...
nowitsmytime posted...
Zero280 posted...
Zorux posted...

Well when you’ve got a city called New Los Angeles, made by Japanese devs, with a soundtrack by a Japanese guy.....yeah, it kind of is. I thought it was a fun dash of character though.

Oh I agree with you. I liked the quirkiness of it, despite how horrible I thought the tracks were. Well, night wasn't even really BAD, it was just funny, with the "uh uh" nonsense.
Hated the vocals in Black Tar though.

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
4 weeks ago#49
Arcenal407 posted...
Oh I agree with you. I liked the quirkiness of it, despite how horrible I thought the tracks were. Well, night wasn't even really BAD, it was just funny, with the "uh uh" nonsense.
Hated the vocals in Black Tar though.

Same. I only got used to the NLA music because of how often I have to listen to it. The rest of the soundtrack is awesome though.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA

User Info: GreatAegis

GreatAegis
4 weeks ago#50
Idk about you guys but I see XC1 as open world. Definitely more than XC2. I didn't play Torna, neither did I talk about it, so that's not part of the discussion. Also, blades "made" the game as in they were the central focus in the game. They also ruined the game because it forced players to live on the menus (and the menu just feels f***ing slow). Occasionally, you'd have to go and update your blades whenever they leveled up on affinity, then you'd always wanna fill up on pouch items, then you'd have to buy and upgrade core chips for weapons, and then the Merc missions, Poppi, etc etc. I'd have to check the menu like every 5 minutes just because something always updated.

The worst part about blades is unlocking rares, which I don't think I need to explain why. I just think it's stupid how you can have a legendary core and still get a common blade.

You mean you see Xenoblade as more open than open world because well, its not open world. Even then I would argue that places like Tantal is more open in comparsion to places like Valak Mountains and Uraya arguably bigger and more open than Makna Forest. The only place that felt small in comparsion to Xenoblade was Gormott to Gaur Plains. I still don't understand what you mean by slow menu either because once again, they were quite responsive and fast. Do you mean having to wait for voice clips of each character? Because you can skip those just by pressing "A" button on your controller.

Also, thats because Xenoblade was extremely limited in customisation thus you spent less time in the menus building your characters. Whereas this game gives you a lot more but less so than Xenoblade X so I hardly count it as a con. You have to do the same type of stuff with games like Shin Megami Tensei especially when you are making demons because that comes down to a Science.

Okay, I agree with this a lot. That was a pretty stupid game design decision by the developers needing to go back into the menu system each time a Blade gained a new skill. Same with Field Skill Checks with blade's too. It would have been a lot easier if the game recognised the blades you already have instead of having to constantly swap Blades in and out. As for having to refill items into the pouch, I don't see a problem with this. If it acted with an infinite amount of time, that would have been stupid. Its not as bad as NieR Automata where enhancements barely last and your constantly having to go back in and out to refill it.

Thats the point of the Gacha system, it works like that in JPN mobile games too. You aren't guaranteed to get a Rare Blade by using a Legendary Core or Rare core but your chances rise considerably high of getting one (this keeps people coming back to buying more in mobile games.) You may even get lucky like some people have by using a Common Core and getting Kos-Mos Re on their first pull.
Xenoblade 2 - NieR Automata - Dragon Quest XI > Best JRPGs of the generation
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Your favorite Xenoblade game?