You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Your favorite Xenoblade game?

User Info: nowitsmytime

nowitsmytime
4 weeks ago#1
What's your favorite Xenoblade game? (Don't bandwagon be honest)

FYI: I said don't bandwagon because this is the Xeno 2 boards, and I want people to truly think what their fav game was, not just say it was Xeno 2 because its the most selling Xenoblade game or whatever.

My favorite is Xenoblade Chronicles X, as a matter of fact, it's my favorite game of all time because the game really hits a bullseye in making you feel like you're really in a different planet and everything is dangerous and you're going into the unknown. The character running animation is so smooth, the battle system is complicated yet so versatile and you can have so many different playstyles, the world of Mira is the most beautiful world in gaming history IMO (XC2 had a beautiful world too, but you were very limited to where you could travel), you can explore anywhere you want, there are unlimited quests, I also personally enjoyed the story, and you can pretty much customize anything in the game.

I really want a port, and if they make a new Xenoblade game that's related to XCX, then I know it will be f***ing crazy because this time it will be no longer limited by the WiiU.

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
4 weeks ago#2
It's a really tough choice because I love all three of them for their strengths but after thinking about it I might give a slight edge to X. Because what I loved about X REALLY made the game for me, enough to the point where I want a direct sequel. Not just to solve the unanswered questions but to see what else the characters come into contact with. But the strengths for each game for me are:

1: Story, Characters, Environment design
X: Customization options, fast and hectic battles, heavily interesting sci-fi world
2: More involved combat with cancels, amazing soundtrack, great cinematography in cutscenes
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA

User Info: Zero280

Zero280
4 weeks ago#3
Never beat XC2 but it seems like a good chance of overtaking the first for me this could change but so far up to chapter 4 it's been an absolute delight to play if it can keep this up until I finish the game it'll easily take my number 1 spot in the series and quite possibly one of my favorite jrpgs of all time.(XC1) ranks in my top 3 favorite games of all time.
https://psnprofiles.com/ShadowLink3000

User Info: SilverBassCross

SilverBassCross
4 weeks ago#4
XCX is the only Xeno game in my top 10 games of all time so that. JRPG stories barely impress me anymore, so I look for other things and XCX has that. Good world building, good side quests, interesting characters and NPCs, the best gameplay in the series, and it had overall the most content worth sinking your time into.
Mother 4 and MegaMan Battle Network Chrono X, two fangames that deserve more recognition. Please check them out.
www.mother4game.com / www.mmbnchronox.com

User Info: GreatAegis

GreatAegis
4 weeks ago#5
I like Xenoblade 2 much more than Xenoblade and I'm either planning to emulate Xenoblade X on CEMU just to play it or wait alittle longer for a Switch port.

Besides the somewhat weaker story and traversing the map than the original, I found Xenoblade 2 to be the superior game from its cast of characters, world design, QoL especially of H2Hs (not needing ot grind to do them plus fully voiced), more engaging combat system and character customsation, and top notch soundtrack etc. Just read my signature below.
Xenoblade 2 - NieR Automata - Dragon Quest XI > Best JRPGs of the generation
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: VanilleHopen

VanilleHopen
4 weeks ago#6
Overall the original.. but X is close..

Xc2 sucks ass.. You live in the menu screen and the game has way too much immature and perverted humor that exemplify why JRPGS get a bad rep..
Currently living on Haru's forehead from P5 and I have a huge 20 acre backyard.

User Info: Fei519

Fei519
4 weeks ago#7
I am looking in to this game having played the first two and not owning a switch yet. But as far as my experience goes, I thought the original game was damn near perfection. Between the battle system, the environment, music, and character interactions, the game was a seamless transition to another place. I got lost playing the game, it made me want to explore and build the relationships between characters and also between the NPC's to unlock side quests and eventually to rebuild colony 6. It definitely ranks on my top ten all time games. While i found XCX enjoyable i just felt like they made it seem more tedious and made the environment too massive. By the time i got the last area after almost maxing out the previous, i had lost steam and the desire to go on. The way the story was seperated from the sidquests, i guess im just not as big of a fan of that mechanic and also having the home base with no other towns or villages.
My name is Grahf, the seeker of power. Doth thou desire the power?

User Info: Zero280

Zero280
4 weeks ago#8
VanilleHopen posted...
Overall the original.. but X is close..

Xc2 sucks ass.. You live in the menu screen and the game has way too much immature and perverted humor that exemplify why JRPGS get a bad rep..

that perverted humor is gold.
https://psnprofiles.com/ShadowLink3000

User Info: RainingMetal

RainingMetal
4 weeks ago#9
Banjo2553 posted...
It's a really tough choice because I love all three of them for their strengths but after thinking about it I might give a slight edge to X. Because what I loved about X REALLY made the game for me, enough to the point where I want a direct sequel. Not just to solve the unanswered questions but to see what else the characters come into contact with. But the strengths for each game for me are:

1: Story, Characters, Environment design
X: Customization options, fast and hectic battles, heavily interesting sci-fi world
2: More involved combat with cancels, amazing soundtrack, great cinematography in cutscenes

I think I share more or less the exact same thoughts.

The saddest thing is that each game has its own strengths, but then comes with its own share of weaknesses that fails to make it stand above the others. Whatever strength one game comes with the others lack.
Waifu fanboys need a life(u).
Switch FC: 6419-5458-5297

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
4 weeks ago#10
and the game has way too much immature and perverted humor that exemplify why JRPGS get a bad rep..

jRPGs get a bad rep for the pretentious storylines that think they're deep and meaningful when they're really just the same old shounen anime tropes. Monolith has been especially guilty of this in the past. (Xenogears especially.)

.....The dumb anime humor makes things easier to swallow. Things like furballs making their maid robots fight each other, Zeke in general, or Nia bursting out into dance during specials bringing down the seriousness of the world makes it easier to accept things like Malos being a screaming edgelord with a paper thin reason for wanting to kill everyone. Or Rex being such a goody two-shoes to the point of flat out stupidity at times.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Your favorite Xenoblade game?