You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. The topography of this game is atrocious.

User Info: TehReorcdKepper

TehReorcdKepper
1 month ago#1
There comes a certain point with these "open world" games where it just becomes an absolute CHORE to explore.

There is such a thing as TOO much.

XBC2 smashes this barrier.

I'm a Xeno vet, and absolute love XC1 and XBX, easily two of my top 10 games of all time.

But god damnit, this game... every time I look at the terribad map, or when I enter a new zone, all I can think about is the dread and the time it'll take for me to explore this gigantic area.

It's so messy. There's so much crap going on. Everything twists and turns and tangles and twines. Layers on top of layers.

Even the towns are a cluttered mess. NPCs and their stupid text box popping up everywhere blocking the screen.

Exploration in this game is just a damn chore.

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
1 month ago#2
Really? I thought it was easy. I mostly ignore the markers and go with my instincts. Often, I find locations on accident, and it comes in handy later since I found it already when the game says I have to go here or there.
7th General of Hel's Army
"Death is Deliverance." - Some Edgy Lady. (BM7 is available on the weekends)

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
1 month ago#3
xenoblade 2 is far from to much to explore x if anything was to much area for no purpose, and yes xs map areas was alot bigger then the ones in this game so aprently you ever played x if you think 2 is bad
Switch FC: SW-6234-9750-4519
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: NinjaX2099

NinjaX2099
1 month ago#4
I wholeheartedly agree, exploration and map design are my biggest gripes with this game. Questing is such a chore because of it, then each quest has like 5 sub quest which is annoying.

Obviously it was a design choice because exploration is a good chunk of the game but they could’ve made it a little bit more intuitive.
and I had to offer her a stick of gum
She was as thick as they come, and taught a strict curriculum

User Info: SilverBassCross

SilverBassCross
1 month ago#5
The only thing I ever could see myself agreeing with even though I didn't have a problem with myself, is the cave in Gormott that takes you to the upper level being kinda hard to find.

Other than that I really don't get any complaints about the map design. Use your f***ing eyes man it's not that hard.
Mother 4 and MegaMan Battle Network Chrono X, two fangames that deserve more recognition. Please check them out.
www.mother4game.com / www.mmbnchronox.com

TehReorcdKepper
1 month ago#6
I'm still very early in the game.

I just entered the 2nd town where the cat girl gets arrested.

The sight of the two linking ships is pure EYE CANCER.

That street with literally 200 different merchants and NPCs text popping up is VISUAL STDs.

Even this game's version of Guar Plains is nothing short of panic attack inducing dread.

TehReorcdKepper
1 month ago#7
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/xenoblade/images/e/e4/Torigoth_Market.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180703011133

https://cheapbossattack.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/xenobladeclutter2.jpg

rofl tell this doesn't give you immediate type 5 visual eye cancer.

The mini map is also easily the ugliest, most jumbled, useless, sorry excuse for a visual navigation assistant in the history of mini maps.

User Info: NinjaX2099

NinjaX2099
1 month ago#8
You don’t have to justify yourself tc, the level design isn’t nessecarily bad since that’s the feel they where going for but it’s definitely convulted. Out of the 100’s of hours you will get out of the game most of it will be trying to figure out how to get to your destination.

Those screens are nothing, the verticality of the levels is the biggest hurdle usually.
and I had to offer her a stick of gum
She was as thick as they come, and taught a strict curriculum
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: BeyondLegend

BeyondLegend
1 month ago#9
Chapter 7 location is a nightmare to get through the first time.

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
1 month ago#10
BeyondLegend posted...
Chapter 7 location is a nightmare to get through the first time.

Is it? I found that Chapter easy to navigate. Really only Gormott should be of complaint to anyone due to how the Titan was designed. Thing has more holes to find than Swiss cheese.

TehReorcdKepper posted...
I'm still very early in the game.

I just entered the 2nd town where the cat girl gets arrested.

The sight of the two linking ships is pure EYE CANCER.

That street with literally 200 different merchants and NPCs text popping up is VISUAL STDs.

Even this game's version of Guar Plains is nothing short of panic attack inducing dread.

Torigoth is small though. You're gonna have a bad time in larger cities.
7th General of Hel's Army
"Death is Deliverance." - Some Edgy Lady. (BM7 is available on the weekends)
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. The topography of this game is atrocious.