• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. So, Xenoblade Chronicles 3...

User Info: JustWatch

JustWatch
2 months ago#21
GreatAegis posted...
Endgame posted...
God dammit Japan.

What do you mean? When it comes to Xenoblade 2, Nia is the most popular character among the western fans as well.

She's apparently loved by other fanbases as well, judging by this fanart I found on Twitter

https://i.imgtc.com/KK6mOgp.jpg
Spankworthy Jester.
IG= Seanmw1214. Switch= SW-6099-7422-0031

User Info: JustWatch

JustWatch
2 months ago#22
HeavyLobster43 posted...
ShadeStrider1 posted...
Endgame posted...
I hope the Protagonist is an edgelord.

Why? Jin and Malos were bad characters. Would you really like XB2 if it focused on Malos instead? I don't think so.

Nia turned out to be the most popular character in her game.

God dammit Japan.

I don't know, I actually liked Jin and Malos, even if Jin was a walking cliche.

Jin and Malos are much better characters than Rex. I don't even hate Rex, but he's just the least interesting character in the whole cast. Granted he does fill the needed role of "straight man" in a lot of cases when it comes to character interactions, but other main Xenoblade characters have done this while also having better character arcs.

That's debateable
Spankworthy Jester.
IG= Seanmw1214. Switch= SW-6099-7422-0031

User Info: GreatAegis

GreatAegis
2 months ago#23
JustWatch posted...
GreatAegis posted...
Endgame posted...
God dammit Japan.

What do you mean? When it comes to Xenoblade 2, Nia is the most popular character among the western fans as well.

She's apparently loved by other fanbases as well, judging by this fanart I found on Twitter

*Image*

Yeah, I saw that when someone posted it on the Xenoblade Chronicles subreddit. Absolutely adore it but there are lots of fanart of Nia, even better ones than these. I imagine its a combination of not only being a lovable cat girl but addition of angry Welsh voices is why she became a fan favorite among the Xenoblade community.
Xenoblade 2 - NieR Automata - Dragon Quest XI > Best JRPGs of the generation

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
2 months ago#24
VanilleHopen posted...
I'm a bit worried each xenoblade entry is getting more and more of that cringe and cheesy jrpg humor that most people (including myself) hate..

I hope they cut back on that s*** because it's not cute and not a good look.

IF they keep going that direction this series is going to fall off a cliff fast.

At least for the super anime tropes that 2 leaned hard into...I wouldn't worry about that continuing. Takahashi basically specifically wanted 2 to play out like an anime in game form, so...yeah. Cringey humor...eh...I dunno. It seems all the cringey humor is related to Nopon, since the Nopon Village section in 1 felt really off to me and I hated the Tatsu food jokes in X (though that was more due to overuse).

However, while that anime tropes/humor shouldn't come back, I'm absolutely adoring the animation quality in 2 regardless and I hope they continue it. If they're able to make X2 with that kind of animation while keeping the realistic-ish art style, that would be fantastic.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA

User Info: Shabranigdu

Shabranigdu
2 months ago#25
ShadeStrider1 posted...
Turn-based Combat like in Xenosaga?

Noooo! Please God! Noooooooooo!

Last year I played Xenosaga and...

Most boring game I ever played!
Everything is too slow and takes too much time.

My opinion btw
Xenogears is better! It's like a Xenoblade snes era rpg with enchantments!
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata (1959-2015).

User Info: GreatAegis

GreatAegis
2 months ago#26
Banjo2553 posted...

However, while that anime tropes/humor shouldn't come back.

All 3 games are filled with Anime tropes just that Xenoblade 2 is abit more noticeable with a few of them between chapter 1 ~ 4 but they aren't going anywhere.
Xenoblade 2 - NieR Automata - Dragon Quest XI > Best JRPGs of the generation

User Info: LinkofEvil

LinkofEvil
2 months ago#27
I hope they continue it. If they're able to make X2 with that kind of animation while keeping the realistic-ish art style, that would be fantastic.

I rather if they don't.

Did not like Xenoblade X's creepy doll faces in the slightest, ugly models. Rather if they went with a more Anime style like Elma from 2 but better.

User Info: GoodyBoo

GoodyBoo
2 months ago#28
LinkofEvil posted...
Did not like Xenoblade X's creepy doll faces in the slightest, ugly models. Rather if they went with a more Anime style like Elma from 2 but better.

Wasn't Elma from XB2 done by the lead artist from XBX? I know Shulk and Fiora were.

User Info: Arcenal407

Arcenal407
2 months ago#29
Shabranigdu posted...
ShadeStrider1 posted...
Turn-based Combat like in Xenosaga?

Noooo! Please God! Noooooooooo!

Last year I played Xenosaga and...

Most boring game I ever played!
Everything is too slow and takes too much time.

My opinion btw
Xenogears is better! It's like a Xenoblade snes era rpg with enchantments!

Xenosaga 3 was phenomenal though.

And I'm of the complete opposite opinion: Xenogears was the absolute snoozefest for me.Those dungeons... Ugh...

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
2 months ago#30
GreatAegis posted...
Banjo2553 posted...

However, while that anime tropes/humor shouldn't come back.

All 3 games are filled with Anime tropes just that Xenoblade 2 is abit more noticeable with a few of them between chapter 1 ~ 4 but they aren't going anywhere.

That's basically what I mean. 2 is a lot more blatant with it.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. So, Xenoblade Chronicles 3...
  • Topic Archived