• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. So, Xenoblade Chronicles 3...

User Info: SwordsmanOrion

SwordsmanOrion
2 months ago#11
That's because Nia is the most interesting character in the game with the most interesting character development. Also she's a catgirl, that helps.
"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare."

User Info: GoodyBoo

GoodyBoo
2 months ago#12
Shaded_Phoenix posted...
The pacing of Nia's character arc is pretty poor, but it's ideas and writing is a notch better than everyone else's.

By that you mean "being present at all"

User Info: Zangetsu223

Zangetsu223
2 months ago#13
Next Xenoblade game should have a Nopon as main char
3DS FC : 2122-7436-9445

User Info: Xenocr0ss

Xenocr0ss
2 months ago#14
@GoodyBoo
GoodyBoo posted...

Endgame posted...

Why? Jin and Malos were bad characters. Would you really like XB2 if it focused on Malos instead? I don't think so.

The role Malos represents in Gnoticism is actually pretty interesting. The problem is he's never properly explained or fleshed out in the game. He's supposed to dual represent Jesus as the masculine aspects of god, but also one interpretation of Gnoticism that the only way to set things right and correct the mistake and sin of existence is to destroy everything. If we focused on him we would get a whole lot more "humanity is awful" and "humanity is bad!" type scenarios probably and a lot of justifications to destroy the world. He'd actually be a great character if only he was more fleshed out and not so poorly written.

Villain protagonists are great when done well but often just trash when not. Malos has potential but that's about it.

The thing with Malos is that this belief comes from Amalthus. And we witness these "humanity is bad" scenarios through him, not only because of how bad he is himself but mostly through his past : when he lost his mother and the very symbolic flashback where he helps someone who then kills a family. These two flashbacks are why Amalthus is the way he is and thus why Malos is the way he is. Amalthus is the one that "corrupted" Malos with this Gnostic belief. Since Malos is a "divine entity", and as Amalthus beleived, like Gnosticism, that destruction is "the will of the divine", it naturally tainted Malos as he resonated with him.

And Malos knows it and is conflicted about it. That's why he teams up with Jin, as Jin and Torna give him a strong reason to be the way he is other than just because of Amalthus' influence.

In a way this represents Gnostic ideology even more than if Malos was his own character as just like in the real world, we humans created this belief, just as Amalthus was the cause of it.
So you could also interpret that as the game being against this ideology, as it argues that it is not the will of the divine but "humans' will" which turns into a viscious circle as we want to destroy everything because of how bad Man is, but one of the reasons it is bad is because of this will to destroy.
The game itself seems to strongly support that, as what we think is from the realm of the divine at first (Elysium, the Titans, blades, Aegises) is actually of human origins. Man is the cause of its own doom. But it can also be the cause of its own hope and success (the Aegis Pneuma, along with Rex).
Though the conduit itself is most likely of a real divine origin, but humans misused it. Even the trinity processor actually comes from the divine (as revealed by the Siren box I beleive), but it was the humans who modified them into Aegises.

User Info: awdrifter

awdrifter
2 months ago#15
I want XB3 in a completely different universe. Just start over. It doesn't have to be Claus or Zanza. Another threat, another blade and improve the battle system from XB1.

User Info: VanilleHopen

VanilleHopen
2 months ago#16
I'm a bit worried each xenoblade entry is getting more and more of that cringe and cheesy jrpg humor that most people (including myself) hate..

I hope they cut back on that s*** because it's not cute and not a good look.

IF they keep going that direction this series is going to fall off a cliff fast.
Currently living on Haru's forehead from P5 and I have a huge 20 acre backyard.

User Info: Arcenal407

Arcenal407
2 months ago#17
VanilleHopen posted...
I'm a bit worried each xenoblade entry is getting more and more of that cringe and cheesy jrpg humor that most people (including myself) hate..

IF they keep going that direction this series is going to fall off a cliff fast.

X had very little of that, with Tatsu being the only exception I recall. I actually LOVED the tone of that game, as it reminded me more of XS than anything else.

User Info: GoodyBoo

GoodyBoo
2 months ago#18
Arcenal407 posted...
X had very little of that, with Tatsu being the only exception I recall.

X had a ton of that. From the cringey translation humor to the terribad voice acting. Or are you talking about the JP edition which had significantly less?

User Info: Willians

Willians
2 months ago#19
Arcenal407 posted...
VanilleHopen posted...

X had very little of that, with Tatsu being the only exception I recall. I actually LOVED the tone of that game, as it reminded me more of XS than anything else.

Indeed X had way less of that. But hopefully they could tone down Tatsu a little bit in a port, that way even I would say X tone will be perfect.

User Info: GreatAegis

GreatAegis
2 months ago#20
"IF they keep going that direction this series is going to fall off a cliff fast."

Riiiight, just like Fire Emblem fell off a cliff fast? Speak for yourself, It will fall off a cliff just for you and a minority of gamers but thats about it.
Xenoblade 2 - NieR Automata - Dragon Quest XI > Best JRPGs of the generation
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. So, Xenoblade Chronicles 3...
  • Topic Archived