GameFAQs is currently in Read-Only mode. All content is available, but you cannot log in, submit new posts or content, or make any other changes at this time
  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. So, Xenoblade Chronicles 3...

User Info: ShadeStrider1

ShadeStrider1
1 month ago#1
I hope the Protagonist is an edgelord.

He'll probably be another technically dead person who fights with a Red Sword. Just like Rex and Shulk.

I also hope it has lots of Cutscenes. Now that Metal Gear is over with, I'm going to rely on Xenoblade for my need for extremely good cutscenes.

The same type of Auto-attack based Battle System? Or maybe... Turn-based Combat like in Xenosaga?

Who will be our Nopon companion this time? Will he be as great as Riki or Tora? Or will he be the subject of constant Food Jokes?

Who will be the main girl who gets friendzoned by the main character because another girl exists? Nia turned out to be the most popular character in her game. I don't think I can say the same for Melia. I daresay this will be a series Staple?
Official Sephiroth of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
1 month ago#2

Why? Jin and Malos were bad characters. Would you really like XB2 if it focused on Malos instead? I don't think so.

Nia turned out to be the most popular character in her game.

God dammit Japan.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: ShadeStrider1

ShadeStrider1
1 month ago#3
Endgame posted...

Why? Jin and Malos were bad characters. Would you really like XB2 if it focused on Malos instead? I don't think so.

God dammit Japan.

I don't know, I actually liked Jin and Malos, even if Jin was a walking cliche.
Official Sephiroth of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.

User Info: Xenocr0ss

Xenocr0ss
1 month ago#4
One of 1's central theme was about being the master of your own destiny, while one of 2's was about moving on from the past. So since we've had past and future, we could have a central theme "present" focused, if that makes any sense.

But the safest prediction about Xenoblade 3 is that it will be a continuation of 2. Basically what 2 set up for the future of humanity. If it will change at all and all the implications, or how it will change, and what new problems arise with this change etc...

User Info: GoodyBoo

GoodyBoo
1 month ago#5
ShadeStrider1 posted...
Now that Metal Gear is over with,

You'll have Death Stranding soon enough. Rumors have it they're wrapping up and in the final stages of development as we speak.

Endgame posted...

The role Malos represents in Gnoticism is actually pretty interesting. The problem is he's never properly explained or fleshed out in the game. He's supposed to dual represent Jesus as the masculine aspects of god, but also one interpretation of Gnoticism that the only way to set things right and correct the mistake and sin of existence is to destroy everything. If we focused on him we would get a whole lot more "humanity is awful" and "humanity is bad!" type scenarios probably and a lot of justifications to destroy the world. He'd actually be a great character if only he was more fleshed out and not so poorly written.

Villain protagonists are great when done well but often just trash when not. Malos has potential but that's about it.

User Info: jjp05c

jjp05c
1 month ago#6
I would much rather see see 3 be about whoever sent the conduit and why.
"In your face Lord!" - Homer Simpson

User Info: HeavyLobster43

HeavyLobster43
1 month ago#7
ShadeStrider1 posted...
Endgame posted...

God dammit Japan.

I don't know, I actually liked Jin and Malos, even if Jin was a walking cliche.

Jin and Malos are much better characters than Rex. I don't even hate Rex, but he's just the least interesting character in the whole cast. Granted he does fill the needed role of "straight man" in a lot of cases when it comes to character interactions, but other main Xenoblade characters have done this while also having better character arcs.

User Info: GreatAegis

GreatAegis
1 month ago#8
Endgame posted...
God dammit Japan.

What do you mean? When it comes to Xenoblade 2, Nia is the most popular character among the western fans as well.
Xenoblade 2 - NieR Automata - Dragon Quest XI > Best JRPGs of the generation

User Info: Shaded_Phoenix

Shaded_Phoenix
1 month ago#9
Endgame posted...

God dammit Japan.

I really don't know what you're problem is with that.

The pacing of Nia's character arc is pretty poor, but it's ideas and writing is a notch better than everyone else's.
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.

User Info: Willians

Willians
1 month ago#10
(He'll probably be another technically dead person who fights with a Red Sword. Just like Rex and Shulk)

You basically did this in another topic and got shut down hard. your points makes no sense.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. So, Xenoblade Chronicles 3...
  • Topic Archived