• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. How to unlock affinity level 2 for a blade...

User Info: TaylorSwifted

TaylorSwifted
3 months ago#1
Stupid question, but I jumped back into a 15 hour save after not playing it for a year. I beat Torna Golden Country 100% and decided I had to jump back into 2.

I have a blade tho, that is stuck at affinity level 1. Meaning, I can’t unlock level 2. How do I unlock it? I see some idea level when highlighting Affinity level 2.

Her growth has been stuck at 10 / 50 for a while now. And I’m not sure why. I’ve been grinding a lot and am even using her as my main blade. But it’s not budging.

Thanks for any help. It’s appreciated.

User Info: Shaded_Phoenix

Shaded_Phoenix
3 months ago#2
TaylorSwifted posted...
I have a blade tho, that is stuck at affinity level 1. Meaning, I can’t unlock level 2. How do I unlock it? I see some idea level when highlighting Affinity level 2.

Affinity Level 2 should say what the requirement is. Or is it coming up as hidden?

Is this a generic Blade? A Rare?

Generics just need more Trust, which you get from using the Blade in battle until they get the gold tether. That gives you 10 points in every battle in which you reach gold. That's not much. You get more for completing Quests, sending them on certain Merc Missions, and using Pouch Items.

Rare Blades could have any number of requirements, even if Trust is the common one.
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.

TaylorSwifted
3 months ago#3
Shaded_Phoenix posted...
TaylorSwifted posted...

Affinity Level 2 should say what the requirement is. Or is it coming up as hidden?

Is this a generic Blade? A Rare?

Generics just need more Trust, which you get from using the Blade in battle until they get the gold tether. That gives you 10 points in every battle in which you reach gold. That's not much. You get more for completing Quests, sending them on certain Merc Missions, and using Pouch Items.

Rare Blades could have any number of requirements, even if Trust is the common one.

It’s a rare one. Name is O something. It’s a great axe weapon I think. I’m away from my game right now. But it’s a female with a big axe.

When I go to affinity level 2 I see a idea icon. That’s all I know.

Shaded_Phoenix
3 months ago#4
TaylorSwifted posted...
It’s a rare one. Name is O something. It’s a great axe weapon I think. I’m away from my game right now. But it’s a female with a big axe.

The Idea icon is a reward. That's unrelated. (It slowly increases a Driver's Idea Levels, which increase damage with Blades of the corresponding elements.) It should definitely say something else underneath that.

If it's Zenobia, who is the only non-DLC Greataxe with requirements that aren't just Trust, you need to complete her Merc Missions. They're unlocked in Chapter 4, and you should be able to find them in Argentum's mission list.

TaylorSwifted
3 months ago#5
Shaded_Phoenix posted...
TaylorSwifted posted...

The Idea icon is a reward. That's unrelated. (It slowly increases a Driver's Idea Levels, which increase damage with Blades of the corresponding elements.) It should definitely say something else underneath that.

If it's Zenobia, who is the only non-DLC Greataxe with requirements that aren't just Trust, you need to complete her Merc Missions. They're unlocked in Chapter 4, and you should be able to find them in Argentum's mission list.

Yep it’s Zenobia. And damn I’m only on chapter 3. Wonder why I have 10/50 growth on her.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll have to wait then. I just checked and there is a ?? Under her requirements. So that’s why I was confused.

I’ll do her mission when I get to chapter 4.

User Info: HeroGod

HeroGod
3 months ago#6
Just for reference, any node on a chart that says ???, it means you aren't far enough in the game to do it yet.
The official Badass Wurmple of GameFaqs!

TaylorSwifted
3 months ago#7
HeroGod posted...
Just for reference, any node on a chart that says ???, it means you aren't far enough in the game to do it yet.

Thank you so much. You guys have been a major help to me. So glad I jumped back into this game again.

Shaded_Phoenix
3 months ago#8
TaylorSwifted posted...
Yep it’s Zenobia. And damn I’m only on chapter 3. Wonder why I have 10/50 growth on her.

"Growth" refers to how many nodes in her Affinity Chart you have unlocked. Most of the initial ones will already be unlocked. Zenobia starts with 9/50, so the only one you've unlocked is the one for using Meat-type pouch items, making it 10/50.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. How to unlock affinity level 2 for a blade...
  • Topic Archived