You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. How upset/divided will the Xenoblade fanbase be if the next game is the X sequel

User Info: Sebas27

Sebas27
1 week ago#1
Like, even though many of us know that a sequel to X is among the most likely options for the next Xenoblade game, how upset will everyone be if it ends up being so?

User Info: BoundLocas

BoundLocas
1 week ago#2
The original Xenoblade was the only good one. People who think otherwise are just deluding themselves and I have no intention in playing X2 that will be as terrible as X (or possibly worst, having to explain X's s*** narrative.)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Foxfire15

Foxfire15
1 week ago#3
I'd be ok with it. The end of X was entirely unsatisfactory. As long as it doesn't do that again I'm cool. Otherwise I've enjoyed all the games so far.
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the rapid deceleration.....
*shoves next poster off a cliff*

User Info: 878laststory

878laststory
1 week ago#4
Um, not at all. Wouldn't be a problem if they'd tell the story like they were originally going to before Avatar Andy f***ed things up.

User Info: finalrush7

finalrush7
1 week ago#5
BoundLocas posted...
The original Xenoblade was the only good one. People who think otherwise are just deluding themselves and I have no intention in playing X2 that will be as terrible as X (or possibly worst, having to explain X's s*** narrative.)

go troll somewhere else
"Today, we use our power to fell a god"
Best 4 games of all time: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Xenoblade, Xenoblade X, Xenoblade 2

User Info: Daymos256

Daymos256
1 week ago#6
I'd buy a Switch port of the first X if they would just increase the text size so I could read it, it's pretty much the reason I quit playing cross.. so many menus that I just couldn't see without getting off my couch and squinting 2 feet from the screen.

Thus a sequel to X would be just fine. I'd buy for sure.

User Info: BoganZ

BoganZ
1 week ago#7
I'd be extremely hyped.
Zelda + Xenoblade = Heaven

User Info: RainingMetal

RainingMetal
1 week ago#8
I'll be glad to see a conclusion to that cliffhanger.
Common sense, isn't.
Switch FC: 6419-5458-5297

User Info: prolific_frog

prolific_frog
1 week ago#9
BoganZ posted...
I'd be extremely hyped.
Don't pick on a simple derp, we are many, we will retaliate
8/8/2018 - Chrom's finally in Smash Bros.

User Info: Jacien

Jacien
1 week ago#10
Since we got Xenoblade 2, I appreciated X a lot more when going back to play it.

Part of the reason for my original distaste, was how Treehouse and everyone else advertised X as a "spiritual successor". The only things the game had in common with the original was a single Nopon, and abilities being called Arts. Oh yeah, there was a Telethia as a boss.

From the beginning of 2, it was a lot more in line with what my expectations of a "successor" would've been (like the Gormott plains). And now that itch was satisifed, I don't mind X now.
"Just because it appeals to children doesn't exclude me from enjoying it."
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. How upset/divided will the Xenoblade fanbase be if the next game is the X sequel