You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Anyone else prefer JPN voices?

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
2 weeks ago#1
Not knocking anyone who likes the English ones, in fact there's a few characters who sound great in English to me. But I'm playing through the game again in Japanese voices this time and as an overall package...I prefer them. It's making for a more enjoyable experience and, to me, better fits the "anime" tone they were going for.

Bonus points for the lip syncing actually matching, though that wasn't too big of a problem for me in the past games.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: AlexZh1

AlexZh1
2 weeks ago#2
Anyone else prefer JPN voices?

No. They're squeaky and disgusting. As always.

User Info: shawn10000000

shawn10000000
2 weeks ago#3
No, only english voice that i hated was rex, everyone else was pretty damn great in the dub
the japanese dub was pretty generic imo

User Info: SilverBassCross

SilverBassCross
2 weeks ago#4
Yes, it takes a huge dump all over the terrible ENG dub.
Mother 4 and MegaMan Battle Network Chrono X, two fangames that deserve more recognition. Please check them out.
www.mother4game.com / www.mmbnchronox.com

User Info: LightEmperor

LightEmperor
2 weeks ago#5
shawn10000000 posted...
No, only english voice that i hated was rex, everyone else was pretty damn great in the dub

This. Japanese dub sounds like generic anime voices while the English voices are masterfully done for the most part.

User Info: SilverBassCross

SilverBassCross
2 weeks ago#6
LightEmperor posted...
shawn10000000 posted...

This. Japanese dub sounds like generic anime voices while the English voices are masterfully done for the most part.

Oh, here's a wrong, inferior opinion, ENG voices portray characters in a blatantly wrong way, as well as their emotions.
Mother 4 and MegaMan Battle Network Chrono X, two fangames that deserve more recognition. Please check them out.

User Info: zipzo6

zipzo6
2 weeks ago#7
I’m sorry but any person who watches a scene with Akhos in English and actually manages to describe that as “masterfully done” I just have to laugh. A lot.

The ENG cast isn’t even the same ballpark in terms of if we’re measuring up resumes. The JPN cast has experience beyond experience in many notable shows, and their credentials sits head and shoulders above any of the ENG cast. There’s really no comparison here.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Sticky_Derp

Sticky_Derp
2 weeks ago#8
The Japanese cast might have experience but boy do they sure use it to make everyone sound like someone you've heard a thousand times before

The English dub has a few inexperienced and poorly directed actors for sure, but the majority, especially the main cast, are fantastic and bring a genuine, unique heart to the game.

I don't see how anyone can play the sub after hearing Nia. She's ten thousand times better in English
https://youtu.be/MvYApd_X3aU

User Info: Silver_Celeste

Silver_Celeste
2 weeks ago#9
yes Japanese voices are much better. The only english voices I like better are Gramps, Morag, Nia and the pons.
Sticky_Derp posted...
The Japanese cast might have experience but boy do they sure use it to make everyone sound like someone you've heard a thousand times before

The English dub has a few inexperienced and poorly directed actors for sure, but the majority, especially the main cast, are fantastic and bring a genuine, unique heart to the game.

I don't see how anyone can play the sub after hearing Nia. She's ten thousand times better in English

Lol no. She sounds so old and not nearly as cute, as she's MEANT TO.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Anyone else prefer JPN voices?