This game is over-hated

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. This game is over-hated

User Info: 6-19-7

6-19-7
3 months ago#1
And during the first half of 2018, with the numerous QoL improvements, people seemed to be on better terms with the game, but until recently, it gets spitted on again, and mostly for childish and unfair reasons.

I don't say you can't be disappointed, and if that's the case, then too bad for you, but let the people who genuinely enjoyed it continue to still enjoy it and move on with something else.

This is getting ridiculous at this rate.
Not a native english speaker - Post-ALBW Zelda detractor - If you're not a Metroid fan and don't give any form of support to it, you are my enemy

User Info: ThunderFlarz

ThunderFlarz
3 months ago#2
I'm convinced the vocal hatedom is contained here. When I keep that in mind I feel better.
Whatever doesn't kill you, is either slow-acting or doesn't try hard enough.
SW-2262-5123-7442 (Firestorm)

User Info: King_Z

King_Z
3 months ago#3
I don't care what game people want to hate and their attitude has no affect on me, but they'd do themselves a favour if they had more of a mindset to focus on something they DON'T hate and go talk about that. Going on a message board to blow time whining about a game you hate is time wasted. If anything they'd be better off going on the developer's social media pages and giving some constructive input there.
Sig
(message deleted)

User Info: winforlose

winforlose
3 months ago#5
This is an opinion and thus feel free to disagree, but I feel the internet in general has been worse in the last two years with respect to all forums and to a lesser extent opinion papers/reviews and blogs. It seems that trolls are not only more common, but also more effective. Part of this (especially as it relates to video games) might be that focusing on negatives and airing our complaints in a forum where we can be heard is a pressure release from all the real life crap that no one will listen too (or that we don't want to share.) Again, this is just an opinion, but I think that if real names were required the level of discourse would be raised (but the level of honest interaction would be significantly lowered.)

What I would like to see is people just being more accepting of ideas, concepts, and opinions different from their own. These differences are great starting points for fun conversations about gaming, politics, religion, culture, and so much more.

This game is great in many respects. Most people would have to admit the content level alone is incredible given the cost of the game. Also focus on the visual spectical compared to older generations. Moreover, the battle system is both enjoyable and engaging. The story has some flaws but in my opinion is clearly the best and most coherent of the series. Overall there are things to complain about, but a lot to enjoy as well.
Evil is the man who asks for mercy but shows none.

User Info: Saber980

Saber980
3 months ago#6
The game is only overhated here on gamefaqs, and the reason is octopath trolls who have to attack other games to justify their purchase and DonkeyPunchJr returned in the form of WeebHusbando, a known xenoblade hater and troll

User Info: WeebHusbando

WeebHusbando
3 months ago#7
Sorry, guess I’m too childish to enjoy creepy (and sometimes pedophilic) fanservice aimed at lonely, sexually frustrated otaku.

Hopefully someday I will grow up enough to appreciate the true greatness.
I studied the blade
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/276/749/286.jpg

Saber980
3 months ago#8
WeebHusbando posted...
Sorry, guess I’m too childish to enjoy creepy (and sometimes pedophilic) fanservice aimed at lonely, sexually frustrated otaku.

Hopefully someday I will grow up enough to appreciate the true greatness.

No but you were banned for making several topics on that subject when the game came out so...

User Info: 6-19-7

6-19-7
3 months ago#9
Saber980 posted...
The game is only overhated here on gamefaqs, and the reason is octopath trolls who have to attack other games to justify their purchase and DonkeyPunchJr returned in the form of WeebHusbando, a known xenoblade hater and troll

Oh no.

Check on Xenoblade-related Facebook groups and ResetEra.
Not a native english speaker - Post-ALBW Zelda detractor - If you're not a Metroid fan and don't give any form of support to it, you are my enemy

Saber980
3 months ago#10
6-19-7 posted...
Saber980 posted...

Oh no.

Check on Xenoblade-related Facebook groups and ResetEra.

I do and it's a vocal minority blinded by nostalgia and anime hate, the majority of both Facebook and resetera think it's a great game it was in their 2017 game of the year top ten for a reason it just hate threads get more popular because you have people coming in to defend the game from the same few haters, and the haters reasons for hating the are the same reasons they should hate xenoblade 1 and x, but they won't admit that. Don't worry when chuggaconroy makes his let's play for it and reiterates his opinion that he believes two is better than one a lot of those haters will have their opinions drastically changed
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. This game is over-hated
  • Topic Archived