Was there any insane censorship backlash like with X?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Was there any insane censorship backlash like with X?

User Info: Meta Lobster

Meta Lobster
3 months ago#41
Why are you people so easily trolled. For the love of god.
Now Playing:Momodora: Reverie, Starbound, SSB4

User Info: Velvet__Crowe

Velvet__Crowe
3 months ago#42
I mean, none of this stuff would bother me if it were left in. I played Moero Chronicle, ffs. I didn’t really get the ceaseless panty jokes (and actual panties) but I didn’t feel like that game was hurt by its rub minigame and I don’t feel like Fire Emblem or Xenoblade are hurt by their different... ah... well, different elements.

It’s like, a lot of this stuff is optional. You don’t HAVE to do the rub games and you don’t HAVE to wear the costumes. I’m pretty sure there are skip buttons for objectionable dialogue, too. If one doesn’t like it, then don’t partake. Leave it alone for the people that actually do like it, and those that aren’t bothered by it.

I think the only thing more objectionable to me than actual lolicon (it’s just not my thing, I have no problem with people having and enjoying it but I don’t wanna see it) are people who think it’s okey to take completely harmless material (such as rub games and costumes) away from people who hurt a total of zero people by enjoying (or ignoring) it. Have your feelings. Have your opinions. But protest the things you don’t like by not buying them, not by taking them away from everyone else like bored, busybody housewives with nothing better to do than meddle in her neighbour’s lives and take up a ‘cause’ designed to interfere in everyone else’s lives.
"I'd thank the gods, but you seem to be taking them out at an alarming rate." - Hargan, Sarn Encampment

User Info: Annfan

Annfan
3 months ago#43
LordGodXodarhis posted...
SilverBassCross posted...
Yeah? Was the "minigame" not about rubbing down your (child) party members to "raise their affinity". It was sickening and I'm glad that it was removed. I really struggle to understand your point of view.

You're a disgusting human being for wanting your own morals to be pushed onto other people.

Who would've guessed that "don't molest children" is a controversial point of view in some circles. What a cesspool.

It's not molestation. They are "children" only in context to their parents. They are consenting adults. Also it isnt real.
Final Fantasy XIII is critically and commercially successful. By all definitions it is one of the best.

User Info: SgtLunatics

SgtLunatics
3 months ago#44
FlameAbsol posted...
Maybe you should complain to the producers of the movies that involve murders and rapes.

You're nothing but a hypocrite.

Interesting. I'm a "hypocrite" for being opposed to an out of place minigame where you can molest children? What a classy group of people here. Pedophilic fanservice isn't everyone's cup of tea, just FYI.

Molest children? In fire emblem fates? Are we playing the same game? As far as I remember the children of characters in fire emblem come from the future/some other dimension... as adults.

You're weird mate.
PS4: SgtLunatics
Switch: Sgtlunatic

User Info: LordGodXodarhis

LordGodXodarhis
3 months ago#45
Annfan posted...
SilverBassCross posted...
Yeah? Was the "minigame" not about rubbing down your (child) party members to "raise their affinity". It was sickening and I'm glad that it was removed. I really struggle to understand your point of view.

You're a disgusting human being for wanting your own morals to be pushed onto other people.

Who would've guessed that "don't molest children" is a controversial point of view in some circles. What a cesspool.

It's not molestation. They are "children" only in context to their parents. They are consenting adults. Also it isnt real.

They're not consenting (When you "touch" one of your sisters she begs you to stop), and even if they "consent", it's invalid as again, they are children.

SgtLunatics posted...
FlameAbsol posted...
Maybe you should complain to the producers of the movies that involve murders and rapes.

You're nothing but a hypocrite.

Interesting. I'm a "hypocrite" for being opposed to an out of place minigame where you can molest children? What a classy group of people here. Pedophilic fanservice isn't everyone's cup of tea, just FYI.

Molest children? In fire emblem fates? Are we playing the same game? As far as I remember the children of characters in fire emblem come from the future/some other dimension... as adults.

You're weird mate.

You're thinking of Fire Emblem Awakening, which was a wonderful title and has nothing like what I'm describing. In Fire Emblem Fates, the children are literal children who age slightly more rapidly when they're deposited in a pocket dimension of some kind. Even if you don't consider them being a few months old, and go by their physical implied age, they are still kids and act as such. In Fates, in just the Japanese version you can "invite" a party member into your bedroom where you play a mini-game where you rub them down on the touch screen until they "bliss". This raises their affinity with Corrin. The implication is pretty creepy at baseline (the commander of the army inviting you to their bedroom to touch you until you like it?), and awful with the child characters. This was removed from the US release, which led to a ton of backlash for some incomprehensible reason.
Respect me, and know your place.
Stay on topic or get Reported by the Temple of Xod.

User Info: Saber980

Saber980
3 months ago#46
okay I am starting to think that LordGodXodarhis is a DonkeySchlongJr alt

User Info: LordGodXodarhis

LordGodXodarhis
3 months ago#47
Saber980 posted...
okay I am starting to think that LordGodXodarhis is a DonkeySchlongJr alt

I have no idea who that is. I have no alts.
Respect me, and know your place.
Stay on topic or get Reported by the Temple of Xod.

User Info: 878laststory

878laststory
3 months ago#48
Mainstream guys like Gamexplain and nintendo covered it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA7uW-Efy3k
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/10/nintendo_is_making_female_characters_cover_up_for_the_western_version_of_xenoblade_chronicles_x

If the mainstream is talking about it, you done f***ed up.

User Info: MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle
3 months ago#49
In Fire Emblem Fates, the children are literal children who age slightly more rapidly when they're deposited in a pocket dimension of some kind. Even if you don't consider them being a few months old, and go by their physical implied age, they are still kids and act as such.

did you actually play the game
Can I interest you in a...side mission?

User Info: ThunderFlarz

ThunderFlarz
3 months ago#50
I take immense pleasure in mocking this guy and I think it's time he got out of Uncle Joseph's basement and found real things to worry about.

Japanese gamers were right. This attitude is beyond pathetic.
Whatever doesn't kill you, is either slow-acting or doesn't try hard enough.
SW-2262-5123-7442 (Firestorm)
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Was there any insane censorship backlash like with X?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived