• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Need honest opinions!

User Info: AutumnInJuly

AutumnInJuly
5 months ago#1
So long story short I missed the Xenoblade 2 train because in all honestly I never liked the first one but recently I played this at a friends house because he begged me to give it a chance and I massively fell in love with it. On the other hand I've been eyeballing Octopath for awhile now and I'm a huge sucker for games of this nature and to be honest I'm completely torn right down the middle of which one to get. Eventually I'll get both but at the moment I can only afford one. So honest opinions what do you guys think will get the most bang for my buck?!
PSN: AutumnInJuly
Currently Playing/Replaying: Splatoon 2, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition, and Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild.

User Info: Saber980

Saber980
5 months ago#2
Xenoblade 2 with the expansion pass will definitely give you more bang for your buck, doesn't mean that octopath traveler is bad it's an RPG with an established pedigree behind it, I would say both if you have the money even if you have to for go the season pass

User Info: Synyard

Synyard
5 months ago#3
If you plan on buying the DLC, this game. And buy the DLC asap if you do. You get the most use of the DLC if you buy it very early on.

If you have no plans on getting DLC then go for Octopath Traveler.
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis

User Info: astralmeson

astralmeson
5 months ago#4
I'd consider myself pretty unbiased but would say Xenoblade 2 for sure- even without the expansion pass, you can easily get 120 hours out of it (80 hours or so in your first playthrough, another 20 hours for the postgame, and at least another 20 hours from NG+ and all the new stuff it adds). The expansion pass has already added a few dozen hours of content, as well as some nice QoL bonuses if you get it early (i.e. 10 Overdrive Protocols, which are otherwise extremely limited until the postgame), and has basically a new full game coming in September in "Torna- the Golden Country."

I have great trust in the Octopath team, since they were behind Bravely Default and Second, which are fantastic games that I absolutely love. However, I'm a little leery of how the "8 different paths" were actually implemented based on the reviews, so I'd hold out and see if they converge meaningfully- I was originally convinced they would do so well, but every review I've seen has unfortunately basically said otherwise. Purely "bang for your buck," Octopath will certainly be a shorter game- basing it on the Bravely games, I'd assume maybe 40-60 hours.

AutumnInJuly
5 months ago#5
Yea it's gonna be a rough choice cause I certainly want both equally but I'm definitely leaning toward Xenoblade 2....even though I said the same about Octopath to my buddy not even ten mins ago lmaooooo.
Currently Playing/Replaying: Splatoon 2, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition, and Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild.

AutumnInJuly
5 months ago#6
PS. I would buy the DLC right away if I was getting Xenoblade 2

User Info: ThunderFlarz

ThunderFlarz
5 months ago#7
I still haven't bought the DLC. Whoops.
Whatever doesn't kill you, is either slow-acting or doesn't try hard enough.
SW-2262-5123-7442 (Firestorm)

User Info: Saber980

Saber980
5 months ago#8
AutumnInJuly posted...

then definitely get xenoblade

User Info: Synyard

Synyard
5 months ago#9
AutumnInJuly posted...

Yeah, Xenoblade.
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis

User Info: FastroBoy

FastroBoy
5 months ago#10
ThunderFlarz posted...
I still haven't bought the DLC. Whoops.

Me either. And i reached 100 hrs before chapter 6. Must be playing wrong too. Oh well. I love the game.
My shoes slipped in the juice!
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Need honest opinions!
  • Topic Archived