XBC1 vs. XBC2

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: WarBeagle

WarBeagle
4 days ago#1
It seems like the near universal consensus is that 1 is better than 2. I'm curious what makes it better as I only played and beat XBC2. Thinking about getting 1 for my 3DS.

Does the first one have the really annoying stuff like the random cores (or something similar) and the field skills? Also, how do you think the battle system, story and characters compare?
"come on Max. Let's go before more of them show up" he started up the car and drove to Arizona.

User Info: CarefreeDude

CarefreeDude
4 days ago#2
The annoying thing about 1 was the huge number of missable sidequests
3DS friend code: 5112-3770-6561 IGN: Chris
Rock Safari: Pupitar, Rhydon, dwebble

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
4 days ago#3
XB1 had a lot more cleavage, ugly girls, but more t******.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: Shieldlesscap

Shieldlesscap
4 days ago#4
I mean, I like X more than both, but all 3 are really good games.
Sometimes known as Common-Blade Cap

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
4 days ago#5
WarBeagle posted...
It seems like the near universal consensus is that 1 is better than 2.

Where are you getting this?

For every person you see saying 1 is better, you can find another person saying 2 is better.
Gamers this generation only work in hyperbole. Something is either god's gift to gaming or a cancerous blight that needs to die in a fire. There's no in between

User Info: flkid

flkid
4 days ago#6
Milla_Maxwell posted...
WarBeagle posted...

For every person you see saying 1 is better, you can find another person saying 2 is better.

This. I would almost say more people are saying 2 is better.
PSN: DarkVelstadt

WarBeagle
4 days ago#7
Milla_Maxwell posted...
WarBeagle posted...

Anecdotal, so I could very well be wrong.
"come on Max. Let's go before more of them show up" he started up the car and drove to Arizona.

User Info: Sub Tank

Sub Tank
4 days ago#8
The battle system is similar, minus the elemental combos. You can still break, topple, and launch (or maybe it was called daze, I forget now).

Basically, XB1 has less stuff to do compared to XB2, but it feels more polished. Also the story is told better.
"...on a ps3 a realalistic looking megaman with a huge universe to explore rag dog physics." - Djmidnight1
(edited 4 days ago)

WarBeagle
4 days ago#9
Sub Tank posted...
The battle system is similar, minus the elemental combos. You can still break, topple, and launch (or maybe it was called daze, I forget now).

Basically, XB1 has less stuff to do compared to XB2, but it feels more polished. Also the story is told better.

Less stuff might not be all that bad bad. I got the impression with XB2 that they kinda through every gameplay system they could think of into the game. It makes for a huge get but it's also a bit ridiculous how many systems were included.

User Info: Sentinel07

Sentinel07
4 days ago#10
Honestly, I like XC2 more purely because I like the battle system more.

I'm completely awful at XC1's combat system. It was way too complex for me to grasp, and that's not even accounting for gems which only added to my confusion. Constant grinding was the only way I was able to beat it. In a way, my inability to grasp it hampered my ability to appreciate everything else about the game.

XC2, much more steamlined and easier to grasp battle system which allowed me to better enjoy things like the overworld and music.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.