What should Monolith Soft make next?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. What should Monolith Soft make next?

User Info: Mythronos

Mythronos
3 months ago#1
Whats next - Results (461 votes)
Xenoblade 3
29.28% (135 votes)
Xenoblade X2
39.05% (180 votes)
Xenosaga trilogy HD
31.67% (146 votes)
This poll is now closed.

User Info: IronticsDragonL

IronticsDragonL
3 months ago#2
I've always wanted to try out Xenosaga after playing the first Xenoblade game so I'm hoping that they'll make a HD trilogy of that.
The sky and the cosmos are one.
Wake up Tenno.

User Info: ZenTen

ZenTen
3 months ago#3
More saga less Blehd.
No matter what the general population believes
It might not be truth they believe.

User Info: Mythronos

Mythronos
3 months ago#4
IronticsDragonL posted...
I've always wanted to try out Xenosaga after playing the first Xenoblade game so I'm hoping that they'll make a HD trilogy of that.

The Switch is getting a lot of ports lately

User Info: Ninjaed

Ninjaed
3 months ago#5
It's a tough question. A Xenosaga remake (not port) could allow people to experience those games and know the story behing the well-known character KOS-MOS. But it runs the risk of disappointing people, especially fans...

That's what I call the FF7 dilemma. Re-release it to make profit, but run a HUGE risk of suffering from a HUGE backlash. Fans not liking it, newcomers not seeing what's so great with the dated gameplay, story pacing, etc... One huge example of this: Duke Nukem 3D (should probably rename it to Duke Nukem dilemma, actually).

Not to mention that it'd cost a lot to remake the game, just as much as a real game, so it'd be fully priced. Everything would have to be remodelled, reanimated, re-everything'd. All to provide a game that, due to its own hype, is very susceptible to suffer from very harsh criticism. As well as sorely disappoint... for instance, clunky mechanics because they tried to adapt dated gameplay to modern standards. If things go bad enough, it might even kill any chances of ever having sequels.

User Info: Valkyria

Valkyria
3 months ago#6
Xenosaga HD would be awesome, particularly if they kept the character design and voicing consistent among the games rather than remake the characters for each game in the trilogy.

User Info: LinkofEvil

LinkofEvil
3 months ago#7
Xenoblade 3.

Remove all the waifu pandering crap and Anime tropes and we have a real Xenoblade game again, focused on serious storytelling like the original.

User Info: Siriocaz

Siriocaz
3 months ago#8
Xenosaga HD could be easily handled by another company, a proper remaster/remake/reboot too because the series it's not Monolith Soft's responsability anymore.

I'd honestly like another new entry in the Xeno series, though Xenoblade X2 would be great too. Altogether, it seems the company has plans for something entirely different.
Thinking a signature.

User Info: BurningAzure

BurningAzure
3 months ago#9
LinkofEvil posted...
Xenoblade 3.

Remove all the waifu pandering crap and Anime tropes and we have a real Xenoblade game again, focused on serious storytelling like the original.

I feel like Takahashi is losing his touch in the storytelling department. Maybe they should get someone else for Xenoblade 3's narrative design.
"TAKE THHHHHHHIIIISSSSSS!!"
- Rex

User Info: Shieldlesscap

Shieldlesscap
3 months ago#10
X2
Haven't seen Bob in a while. I think he got a job.
Update: Still waiting for Bob to get a job.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. What should Monolith Soft make next?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived