Chugga lied about the quests ..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Chugga lied about the quests ..

User Info: VanilleHopen

VanilleHopen
5 months ago#1
He said all the quests were easily explained for you and you would never have to wander around aimlessly..

wrong.. WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG...

there are still a bunch of those quests where you have to go fetch rare collectables that only have a chance to spawn at very particular points...

lol... Took me forever to find some dawn hydgrenas..
Currently living on Haru's forehead from P5 and I have a huge 20 acre backyard.

User Info: ParagonCrossing

ParagonCrossing
5 months ago#2
i'm still stuck looking for winding gears,

anyways i think he meant that quest literally tell you exactly what and where to go. you don't have to look around for a certain npc or monster because they're (from what ive experience) shown exactly where they are
Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing

User Info: zaqnak

zaqnak
5 months ago#3
i had found plenty of both, winding gears are a salvaging item btw

User Info: BuyersRemorse55

BuyersRemorse55
5 months ago#4
In a way these side quests are terrible finding the right spots and then praying to the rng gods

But you also get bunch of materials to refine your cores and s***

But it’s so rng. I come here for advice and people act like They salvaged 3 times and was done, but I had to through at least 20 tanks to get the 5 .

In a way it seems unneeded. I don’t really see the point in having to refine cores besides padding playtime length. It would seem fine to me to just be able to equip cores and have more easily done side quests as far as drops are concerned

User Info: ParagonCrossing

ParagonCrossing
5 months ago#5
zaqnak posted...
i had found plenty of both, winding gears are a salvaging item btw

yeah i know, ive wasted thousands of gold worth of regular and silver cylinders and only managed to find one. it's really annoying how so many people find them so easily while i've only managed to find one so far lol
Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing

User Info: Billysan

Billysan
5 months ago#6
VanilleHopen posted...
He said all the quests were easily explained for you and you would never have to wander around aimlessly.

there are still a bunch of those quests where you have to go fetch rare collectables that only have a chance to spawn at very particular points...

Certain items spawn depending where they are.

If you need wood base spawns then go to spots near roots and trees.

If you want water based items like fish go to spots near water, the spots respawn when you fast travel as well you you can grind one spot if it produces the item you want.
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/

User Info: Evidence42

Evidence42
5 months ago#7
Increase your luck stat. I think it has something to do with manipulating drop stat of rare items.

User Info: zaqnak

zaqnak
5 months ago#8
for better gathering its the botany etc

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
5 months ago#9
I mean, he was right. You're not wandering around aimlessly searching for those items since they're at designated points that are marked on your map, it's just you still are at the mercy of RNG.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Chugga lied about the quests ..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived