My initial 5hr impression~!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. My initial 5hr impression~!

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
4 months ago#11
Masamune_6969 posted...
It's feeling like it'll be my new favourite game of all time, surpassing the greatness of Xenoblade 1.

Loving it tremendously so far!

too true
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: OC_NightHawk

OC_NightHawk
4 months ago#12
TheOneYouMissed posted...
I agree 100%. It's a nice return to form for Xeno after X.

I am having a lot of fun with X.

I’m also having a lot of fun with this one. One thing I will say is I like not having to use a ability bar and going left to right with the Gamepad. However with he switch touchscreen it could have had a touch controlable bar for the skills in handheld mode.

It’s not a big deal. The graphics look good to me I’m docked and hand held mode. The docked is noticeably better, but handheld is far from ugly like others have claimed.

Edit:I don’t want spoil anything so I’ll simply say the story is complelling from what I have seen so far.

I’d say if you like JRPGs and have a switch buy a copy of this game. If you like JRPG games and don’t have a switch, get one and buy this game.

User Info: ParagonCrossing

ParagonCrossing
4 months ago#13
100% agree, i'm happy i'm experiencing the game for myself because so far i'm really enjoying it.

also i dont consider myself the sharpest tool in the shed, but the combat is surprisingly easy to grasp so far. i don't know what that says about people who think it's complicated if someone like me can grasp it.

anyways something that really threw me off was when that one character said
"dont get c***y you little s***" to rex
i just found it kind of amusing hearing that in a first party nintendo game lol
Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing

User Info: Imagin_Breaker

Imagin_Breaker
4 months ago#14
Nia really does have nice hips. I get more distracted by her nice looking crotch.

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
4 months ago#15
Starlord12 posted...
Friggen Gramps is a troll! He could have told Rex everything will be fine I will just turn back into a kid Azurda lol. I was crying too.. then as soon as I heard him I was like... F U GRAMPS!

Priceless moments!

I just got to Gormott and I just want to do everything, talk to every NPC, find all the lore I can :).

Battle system is pretty simple enough once you get into a rhythm. The hard part is probably when I get into "Fusion Combos"

Some of the Early arts look friggen amazing.

yeah man, I've been talking to every single NPC i can, I'll run around town twice over after every event just to see if new dialogue appears lol
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: darklink1017

darklink1017
4 months ago#16
I feel stressed playing this.. Feels so complicated
SNOOKI LMAO --->http://i.imgur.com/Pgtkt.gif
RONDA LMAO ---->https://i.imgur.com/duzX4Vn.jpg

User Info: Tortured1

Tortured1
4 months ago#17
Me too, Im just about 5 hours in and this is my first xeno game since xenogears (at least Im fairly sure their “spiritual successors”). The game has grabbed me even more the. BOTW did this year, so far I love this game!

My 5 hour review would be pro’s:
Awesome combat,
Characters,
Story,
Lots of customization options already affinity, blades, accessories.

Cons:
Graphics are spotty
Camera can be a pain once in a while
So many “items” like collectables and treasures and such that i just have no idea what to do with them.

But overall totally loving the game so far.
Hello world

Tortured1
4 months ago#18
darklink1017 posted...

If serious, can I ask what’s complicated about it to you? I mean that respectfully. Also do you normally play Jrpgs? Im curious if its just theres a lot of stuff thats sort of normal in JRPGs that people who don’t play this style of game are just overwhelmed with. Definitely not trying to call anyone stupid for not getting it, Im sure there are plenty of things you’re good at that Im not!
Hello world

User Info: darklink1017

darklink1017
4 months ago#19
Tortured1 posted...
darklink1017 posted...

If serious, can I ask what’s complicated about it to you? I mean that respectfully. Also do you normally play Jrpgs? Im curious if its just theres a lot of stuff thats sort of normal in JRPGs that people who don’t play this style of game are just overwhelmed with. Definitely not trying to call anyone stupid for not getting it, Im sure there are plenty of things you’re good at that Im not!

Yeah I grew up playing jrpgs. The most recent jrpg I beat was persona 5. Also playing g through grandia 2 for the 3rd time.

I think the lack of revisiting tutorials/practice dojo mode hurts a lot. Something is missing in terms of communication from the game regarding the battle system to me.
SNOOKI LMAO --->http://i.imgur.com/Pgtkt.gif
RONDA LMAO ---->https://i.imgur.com/duzX4Vn.jpg

Tortured1
4 months ago#20
darklink1017 posted...
Tortured1 posted...
darklink1017 posted...

Yeah I grew up playing jrpgs. The most recent jrpg I beat was persona 5. Also playing g through grandia 2 for the 3rd time.

I think the lack of revisiting tutorials/practice dojo mode hurts a lot. Something is missing in terms of communication from the game regarding the battle system to me.

Thats kind of interesting to me. I just couldnt get into persona 5, but grandia 2 is so good! Anyways, i found getting the timing down for combat took some getting used to but overall I havent had other issues with it. Ill agree it would be nice if you could re-read tutorials!
Hello world
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. My initial 5hr impression~!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived