• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. One previewer who said the story almost brought him to tears...5 hours in.

User Info: JigglyPunk

JigglyPunk
2 years ago#11
ForteXX posted...
goodlyoak posted...
I guess, I'm sticking with the English voices though don't want to miss out on any funny or cool battle quotes.

This is how I felt until that Nia cutscene. That was kinda my final straw. I'll miss out on some battle quotes if it means my story immersion isn't ruined by the voice acting. I mean, there's bland, and there's bad, and that cutscene is bad.

Bluh'ee 'ell m8
Plz notice me Squidpai

User Info: Gamersoft

Gamersoft
2 years ago#12
What? the nia cutscene was great.

User Info: ForteXX

ForteXX
2 years ago#13
Gamersoft posted...

Sorry man, I'm all about subjectivity and whatnot but that's just bad voice acting. The "Oi did ya say something?" didn't match her face at all. Not even a little.
Currently: Anxiously awaiting Xenoblade Chronicles 2

JigglyPunk
2 years ago#14
Gamersoft posted...

Opinions have a tendency to vary.

Personally, there is something rather offputting by Nia's heavy Irish accent, and the delivery is just...awkward in some ways? Dromarch was cool though. And no, I got nothing against UK accents, but Nia's VA is not my fav.
Plz notice me Squidpai

User Info: Urukazzi

Urukazzi
2 years ago#15
I don't necessarily mind the delivery, but there's a definite disconnect between the animation and the english voices. People give Japanese VA's flak for overacting, and there's some truth to it, but when the action on screen is portrayed with that in mind not having it becomes a problem. Adam Howden deserve a mountain of credit for pulling off those screams.

User Info: goodlyoak

goodlyoak
2 years ago#16
ForteXX posted...
This is how I felt until that Nia cutscene. That was kinda my final straw. I'll miss out on some battle quotes if it means my story immersion isn't ruined by the voice acting. I mean, there's bland, and there's bad, and that cutscene is bad.

lol, it wasn't that bad. I'll admit that I was not expecting that voice to come out of Nia's mouth, but seeing her personality that voice definitely fits. Also she talks like the first 2 faced mechons from XBC so that's a nice bonus.
JigglyPunk posted...
I feel ya, I've already heard some good lines in the English dub. It's just so mixed though. Also as someone who wants to learn Japanese (weeb!) the more I pick up the better. I mostly just love the Japanese battle announcer because of Baten Kaitos feels.

Well you can just switch over English on a second playthrough or something so you won't miss out on the battle quote memes lol.

JigglyPunk
2 years ago#17
goodlyoak posted...
ForteXX posted...

lol, it wasn't that bad. I'll admit that I was not expecting that voice to come out of Nia's mouth, but seeing her personality that voice definitely fits. Also she talks like the first 2 faced mechons from XBC so that's a nice bonus.
JigglyPunk posted...
I feel ya, I've already heard some good lines in the English dub. It's just so mixed though. Also as someone who wants to learn Japanese (weeb!) the more I pick up the better. I mostly just love the Japanese battle announcer because of Baten Kaitos feels.

Well you can just switch over English on a second playthrough or something so you won't miss out on the battle quote memes lol.

That's the plan!
Plz notice me Squidpai

User Info: ff6isgreat

ff6isgreat
2 years ago#18
If I had this game I'd be sooo much further than 5 hours by now.

User Info: ff6isgreat

ff6isgreat
2 years ago#19
Yeah, Nia's voice was not what I was expecting.
I wonder how practical it will be to play in English, save often, and when you finish a cutscene just swap the audio and replay it in JP so you get to hear both, and then swap back to English.

If that's too much of a pain I think I'll try JP on a 2nd playthru.

JigglyPunk
2 years ago#20
ff6isgreat posted...
If I had this game I'd be sooo much further than 5 hours by now.

Ikr? And the gamespot dude at 8 hrs. Pathetic!
Plz notice me Squidpai
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. One previewer who said the story almost brought him to tears...5 hours in.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A