• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. ARMS
  3. So how did the meta turn out?

User Info: biraiya

biraiya
7 months ago#1
Or perhaps more accurately, what's the meta now? Early on Ninjara, Ribbon Girl, and Twintelle were big, and the meta seemed to be more around evasion and dealing with it. Then when the tournaments started to get going Spring Man and Max Brass and the heavies were more popular and it seemed to be more about getting and abusing supers. It's been a long time now. I don't think the meta is going to evolve too drastically from this point on with all the characters released, and game changing patches don't seem to be necessary (at least from Nintendo's POV), so what did the meta end up becoming?
FC: 0662-7548-7567

User Info: HeavyLobster43

HeavyLobster43
7 months ago#2
biraiya posted...
Or perhaps more accurately, what's the meta now? Early on Ninjara, Ribbon Girl, and Twintelle were big, and the meta seemed to be more around evasion and dealing with it. Then when the tournaments started to get going Spring Man and Max Brass and the heavies were more popular and it seemed to be more about getting and abusing supers. It's been a long time now. I don't think the meta is going to evolve too drastically from this point on with all the characters released, and game changing patches don't seem to be necessary (at least from Nintendo's POV), so what did the meta end up becoming?

I haven't followed the meta all that much recently, but it's generally been Brass, Coyle, and Cobra at the top with Ninjara and Lola Pop not far behind. Most characters are somewhat usable but Mummy and Misango are generally viewed as low tier.

User Info: Skittycream

Skittycream
6 months ago#3
I don't really follow it too much anymore but the top three are Kid Cobra, Max Brass and Dr. Coyle. I know that Ninjara and Twintelle are both also viewed as high tiers. As for the rest, I'm not sure since they never really piqued my interest.
Jack! Jack! He's my psycho maniac! <3

User Info: StyloRen

StyloRen
2 months ago#4
Brass is the best character in the game, Coyle is second, Cobra is third, Ninja is 4, Min-min is 5, Twintelle or Lola is 6, Twintelle or Lola is 7, Mechanica is 8, Helix is 9, Springtron is 10, Springman is 11, Mummy is 12, Bnb is 13, Ribbon Girl is 14 and Misango is 15 imho. The top 5 is pretty much agreed upon but no one can agree on high-low tier.

Ribbon girl is ONLY good in Europe right now and Europe doesnt really get to play with the rest of the world offline so nobody knows if shes actually good or not right now. There is a ribbon player dominating europe but all the NA ribbons quit after her nerf or play other characters for her bad matchups. In the last year Luna-Gabs is the only person to really do anything with her in NA.

Lola Pop Gets top 8 at every major, most of the time there are two lolas in top 8/top 12. Shes won a major and has gotten 2nd at many others, she is RARELY outside of top 3 in online events. She has a glaring weakness

Mech has won two major events and although there are only a handful of mechs, theyre super prevelant. Gouf is a monster at everything he enters, and Mileve always gets at least top 8. She has a glaring weakness

Twintelle has strong representation in the west, Hess and Hanukkah get top 5 at everything they enter but Twin hasnt really won anything since 2017. She also has a glaring weakness

All the Helix players quit because its nearly impossible for him to beat Cobra and Helix loses to all of the good arms. There is only one left right now, Table, and he does well enough but only really plays off meta arms

Springman and Springtron are pretty weak imho, Springtron is slow and his super form is hard to setup.. Its very powerful when he gets it, but he needs to use ice or wind to really set up shop and get the momentum he needs to win games, so hes not really used at all.

All the springmans quit because he loses pretty hard to explosions, his deflect is beatable with explosions 100% of the time (Brass doesnt have this problem because his armor lets him walk through explosions), and he lacks aerial movement or any other abilities. Very basic character, basically the most mid tier character possible.

Mummy is the bottom of mid tier/the beggining of low tier. He has great results thanks to Dendy, who has gotten 5th at 2 majors in the last year and placed pretty well outside of those two events as well. Mummy is big, his armor is weaker than brass' and he has a hard time keeping up with the cast's movment. However, his shield parry game is the best in the game, he has the ability to heal himself, and he can kill you in 4 grabs. His corner pressure is insane and he can win games in 10 seconds with momentum. Very hard to play well, very punishing, has a very bad matchup with brass, Coyle and twintelle.

Barq and Byte are glass cannons, He has true unblockable setups with Barq but barq is pretty weak and Byte without barq is worse springman.

Ribbon girl is pretty weak after all the nerfs, shes got the lowest charge time in the game, bad girth, and a very predictable air game. If you wait her out, shes toast. She doesnt have long to use her arms abilties so she has a hard time beating patient armor characters. She can still mess up the camera though. Only has results in Europe.

Misango is very weak, has no results despite a handful of the best players in the world actively playing him, and everything he does is worse than other characters. His masks (especially yellow mask) arent strong enough to warrant how hard they are to get. Blue is worse ninjara, red is bad mummy, and yellow is the worst character in the game (it makes misango slower, and have worse attributes in every category). His pillar is very exploitable, and his movement outside of blue is not very good.

The meta has a lot of room for growth still, there are techniques being discovered to this day and a ton of room for refinement in every interaction. Arms is surprisingly deep.
  1. Boards
  2. ARMS
  3. So how did the meta turn out?
  • Post New Message