• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. ARMS
  3. The AI in this game...

User Info: CreativeName487

CreativeName487
2 years ago#1
It's the most bs thing I've ever fought
3DS FC: 3625-9522-4724
IGN: Jack | Proud member of C.E.A.L. and Admin of Solgaleo's Pokepuff | My Event List: http://tinyurl.com/hxro7kc | TSV: 2360

User Info: Water124

Water124
2 years ago#2
Better than too easy of AI
Not changing this until Xenoblade X gets a sequel.
FC: 2337-6515-5897

User Info: PrincessTsuki

PrincessTsuki
2 years ago#3
inb4gitgud

Honestly, I'm right there with you. I don't know why Nintendo assumed that the people who want to jump into Ranked Mode know everything about all the game's mechanics from the moment they pick up the controller.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0723-1705-3125

CreativeName487
2 years ago#4
PrincessTsuki posted...
inb4gitgud

Honestly, I'm right there with you. I don't know why Nintendo assumed that the people who want to jump into Ranked Mode know everything about all the game's mechanics from the moment they pick up the controller.

I know

I'm having to resort to grab spamming on the higher levels

I mean level 1 Grand Prix is easy. Level 4 to get into ranked mode is pretty hard
IGN: Jack | Proud member of C.E.A.L. and Admin of Solgaleo's Pokepuff | My Event List: http://tinyurl.com/hxro7kc | TSV: 2360

User Info: Mariomania1347

Mariomania1347
2 years ago#5
I just hate how defensive the AI is. Like, Spring Man and Max are pretty much the only characters that will actually try to rush you down, all the other AI characters just wait for you to do something and punish you, until the timer runs out
Why

CreativeName487
2 years ago#6
Hedlok is so awful

I'll get him down to one punch left and suddenly he takes down my entire health bar

Also his rush is too overpowered

User Info: Mmaguy

Mmaguy
2 years ago#7
It's fighting game AI, it's like this in all games. They literally cheat. They read your inputs and then react based on them. All fighting game AI is stupidly annoying unless put on easier levels.

As for ranked being blocked behind it, eh. I mean, the AI as stated cheats, but still fully beatable. If I hand the controller off to my 9 year old nephew more than likely he isn't beating rank 4. However, I did, and that means I know that whoever I play in Ranked must have at least been able to think/manage their way through the AI. It makes wins a little more meaningful knowing that the guy you beat at the very least can beat rank 4 AI.

User Info: Wasabi_Syn

Wasabi_Syn
2 years ago#8
It only started getting really tough at Lvl. 5 Hedlok. Then Lvl. 6 started giving my butt a beating. Dx
PSN & NNID: WasabiSyn
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5580-8486-4216

User Info: legendarylemur

legendarylemur
2 years ago#9
CreativeName487 posted...
Hedlok is so awful

I'll get him down to one punch left and suddenly he takes down my entire health bar

Also his rush is too overpowered

His rush is actually the worst of all the characters. Literally all you do is jump dodge anywhere side. If you get hit near him, the rush also hits him btw
"Iwata was awesome" - Mr. Nintendo
dinglebutt

User Info: mariobro8

mariobro8
2 years ago#10
I tried to go for a quick grand prix run once I learned that you stupidly had to unlock ranked mode, and I was surprised at what I got. I soon gave up and began playing on Party Mode and had a much better time fighting actual people. I'll try again later, but for now, I'm going to enjoy not being frustrated.
I don't know
  1. Boards
  2. ARMS
  3. The AI in this game...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers