• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Classic Gaming
  3. The PS2 is 20 years old today, what's your top games (or series)?

User Info: JackBurton85

JackBurton85
2 months ago#31
Oh s*** let's not forget about Twisted Metal Head On: Extra Twisted Edition. Head On was a very fun game, pretty much plays like a homage to Twisted Metal 2, and on the whole the entire package is a must for fans of Twisted Metal with 3 levels from the unreleased Black sequel and the Twisted Metal documentary. Tremendous stuff.

BarbaricAvatar posted...
I'm not sure how Ace Combat is faring nowadays but AC5+Zero are the pinnacle of the series.

Ace Combat 6 on 360 was very awesome and well received, but it wasnt nearly as robust as earlier entries. Kind of a lazy effort in that regard, especially given how much they could have packed into it. Not as many stages or aircraft to have fun with.

Then we had Ace Combat Assault Horizon which was a total bastardization of the franchise, total spit in the face of it. Very very very linear, had actual on rail segments, GOd of War-esque button combo's to do certain things. Just totally dumbed it all down big time. Trash game.

Ace Combat 7 just came out last year and it sounded like a return to form. Never played myself, but it looks breathtaking and was very well received.
OFFICIAL gamefaqs policy per moderator staff: You can not wish death on ANYONE, to include Adolf Hitler or mass murderers, when posting on gamefaqs.

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
2 months ago#32
The ones I still play every now & then

Raiden III
Yugioh Duelist of the Roses
Jet Moto 2
Contra Shattered Soldier
Syphon Filter 3
Kinetica

"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

User Info: Weku112

Weku112
2 months ago#33
Soul Calibur III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Romance of the Three Kingdoms X
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dynasty Warriors 5
Samurai Warriors 2
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCygxdYicaroGaqLWRrMgyYw

User Info: Kashell Triumph

Kashell Triumph
2 months ago#34
My favorite console of all time, and with a bunch of great games to go with it.

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Atelier Iris 2
Blood Will Tell
Dual Hearts
Fatal Frame II
Fatal Frame III
Grandia Xtreme
Legaia 2: Duel Saga
Stella Deus
Tales of the Abyss
Way of the Samurai 2

...and so many more!
http://www.kashelltriumph.com

User Info: ZenWolfSin

ZenWolfSin
2 months ago#35
Ape Escape 3
Culdcept
Dark Cloud 2
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
God Hand
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Okami
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
R-Type Final
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Rez
Rogue Galaxy
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Suikoden V
Urban Reign
Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land

User Info: ScientistPG

ScientistPG
2 months ago#36
Gradius V
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Gitaroo Man
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Disgaea
God Hand
Espgaluda
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
MGS2 Substance (VR Missions)
Rez
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution

Like PS1, PS2 feels like it has an endless sea of interesting/experimental games to explore from 'middle class' devs, particularly if you include Japan exclusives. I put together a list a while back of 50+ I'd unrealistically still like to get to @_@, far more than any other console discounting the modern indie deluge, and being a generation removed from late-90's 3D growing pains means the quality on average -- the chance you'll get lucky with a game that doesn't just sound cool but is actually fun to play -- seems to be higher. That alone makes the PS2 valuable to explore today, but unlike PS1 the PS2 also has a larger group of great top-tier games that still endure (well... most of my listed games are still PS2 exclusives or play best on PS2). It's fun to read Top PS2 lists because they're more unique and varied than most console lists.

User Info: ReijiAzumaZwei

ReijiAzumaZwei
2 months ago#37
Bully
Champions of Norrath
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
DragonBall Z Budokai 3
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Kingdom Hearts
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
I can't think of anything new to put here
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Classic Gaming
  3. The PS2 is 20 years old today, what's your top games (or series)?
  • Topic Archived