• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Classic Gaming
  3. Street Fighter (Arcade)

User Info: Atombender

Atombender
3 months ago#1
So I got the 30th Anniversary Collection for the PS4 and I find it simply impossible to execute any special move in the original SF. Where is the trick to it, does it require some really odd timing or is it just a matter of luck?

Never got past Adon in the arcade, can't get past Adon now.
"Another visitor! Stay a while! Stay forever!"

User Info: Da Dood

Da Dood
3 months ago#2
It’s stupid no matter what you do, but I recall holding the button and then doing the stick motion being more effective then doing it like SF2.
And this time!

User Info: bigtiggie23

bigtiggie23
3 months ago#3
I ended up finishing SF1 in that collection. By pure luck mind you. I just kept doing the motions and mashing the buttons and every so often a fireball or dragon punch would happen. They are so overpowered that 2 or 3 connect and it's over.
Seeking revenge for being stood up at Backlash 2006, Shawn Michaels challenged God to a hair vs hair match...and lost.

User Info: kokushishin

kokushishin
3 months ago#4
You have to negative edge as @Da_Dood said.
Meet Gabriel Belmont and his Vampire Killer!

User Info: Atombender

Atombender
3 months ago#5
Holding the button didn't work, I did the button mashing method and Ryu would just randomly perform a Hadouken or Shoryuken. Only took two unblocked hits to win a round but connecting them proved to be somewhat difficult.
"Another visitor! Stay a while! Stay forever!"

User Info: UnsteadyOwl

UnsteadyOwl
3 months ago#6
There's really not a way to pull off specials consistently in SF1. I beat the game once on the Capcom Classics Collection but that was pretty much just by smashing my head against it until I won.
Can't sleep...clown will eat me...can't sleep...clown will eat me.

User Info: mbd42

mbd42
3 months ago#7
Has there ever been a sequel that was a bigger improvement over the original than Street Fighter 2?

User Info: Saxon

Saxon
3 months ago#8
I'm old enough to remember when they wheeled Street Fighter into the arcades for the first time.

I was like 12 and everybody was blown away by those graphics.

User Info: mbd42

mbd42
3 months ago#9
Saxon posted...
I'm old enough to remember when they wheeled Street Fighter into the arcades for the first time.

I was like 12 and everybody was blown away by those graphics.

I'm old enough to remember Street Fighter in the arcades, but I don't remember the game being a big deal at the time.

I remember the big buttons that were supposed to respond to how hard you hit them. Like the harder you hit them the stronger the attack.

User Info: ZoqFotPik

ZoqFotPik
3 months ago#10
mbd42 posted...
Has there ever been a sequel that was a bigger improvement over the original than Street Fighter 2?

Super Mario 3 over 1/2 in Japan
Mario Land 2 over 1
Red Steel 2 on the Wii
Soul Caliber vs Soul Edge/Soul Blade
GTA3 over 1/2
Assassin's Creed 2 over 1
Plenty of lists various publications have put out that include Smash Bros. melee, Half-life 2, Pokemon Gild, Silent Hill 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Resident Evil 2, Shenmue 2...

Red Steel is similar to SF1 where the 1st game set a very low bar. Soul Caliber had a similar advantage of coming out on upgraded hardware.

Why is it I feel Saxon us either misremembering or is using a canned response?
I am not the FOT!
~~the Zoq, the Fot & the Pik~~
  1. Boards
  2. Classic Gaming
  3. Street Fighter (Arcade)
  • Topic Archived