I remember Quake1 (continued)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Classic Gaming
  3. I remember Quake1 (continued)

User Info: mindfeldzx

mindfeldzx
3 years ago#1
What the hell, I made a post like less one month ago (8-22-2014) titled "Do you remember Quake1?" and that its already archived? WTF?!

Here's an idea, save archiving posts for when they actually gather some dust. to answer the questions from my now archived post (I moved into a new house,I'm forever busy with Quake1 things @ Quakeone.com etc etc, but I'm back as I planned on coming back lol)

@Socceris4Girls , Quake1 IS the grandaddy of the modern FPS shooter. I fear no nerd debate about the claim I made about Q1 being the G.Daddy of modern FPS shooters. Any first person shooter as far as I'm concerned that came before Quake1 can either be considered the "fore father of FPS shooters" or something to that effect. 3D models,3D worlds, yada yada. I'm not as technical or articulate as some other fellas but I'll stand by my statement with my head held high.

@U29103987 The Quake1 community is pretty damned active. A friday night 120 players playing right now? I understand this is a bit late, but I'd love to see something pointing to this. I don't play Doom anymore, I abandoned that ship long ago, somewhere around 1996 (HEHE,Quake1).

@MacDaddy Mike , haha. man o man, TRACKBALLS! I know atleast one Quake to this day who uses one of those. SERIOUSLY. Just the other day someone popped in at Quakeone.com and wanted help getting I forget which client/engine to work with his controller,later on he revealed that he was using a Logitech extreme 3d pro , which is a flight stick.Can you imagine using that? LOL man o man I sure can't!

@Jag85 yes, indeed it did!

@Socceris4Girls 2nd time (deleted by request of moderator or administrator) , we could go debate this somewhere else where the mods/admins can't get involved. Truth be told, I didn't want them involved to begin with. I don't need protection from trolls, nor did I want my post archived but you see how that went over, I'm replying to everyone in a new post. OOF!

@TrulyEpicLAWLS ; You realize I tried discussing Quake1, but you found yourself in my Quake1 discussion discussing the merits of someone elses trolliness. You realize you just trolled right ? haha.

I never intended to disrupt the natural flow of things here , just wanted to remind anyone who enjoys first person shooters,and is old enough to know what Quake1 is/represents,we still exist. It's friday night, anyone who wants to measure their first person shooter skills against some old school Quakers ,or just enjoy some gaming, no time like the present.

Plz, no archiving of my post. THX

-Mindzy

User Info: SoccerIs4Girls

SoccerIs4Girls
3 years ago#2
I wasn't talking about myself, I love Quake. There are two massive nerds called jag85 and cranky hermit who turn every topic into a nerd debate. Calling Quake 1 the granddaddy of FPSs is exactly the kind of thing that will lure those guys in here but they're both in the middle of about 3 nerd debates already so you might be safe.

User Info: 8The_Guv

8The_Guv
3 years ago#3
SoccerIs4Girls posted...
I wasn't talking about myself, I love Quake. There are two massive nerds called jag85 and cranky hermit who turn every topic into a nerd debate. Calling Quake 1 the granddaddy of FPSs is exactly the kind of thing that will lure those guys in here but they're both in the middle of about 3 nerd debates already so you might be safe.

Why is everyone on this board so infatuated with other people? Is there a Stalker's Anonymous forum that got migrated to here?
"A banned word was found in your signature, *****"

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
3 years ago#4
I don't know what I said before. I totally do troll CC Deville, if you want to use that word.
To win an argument: 'calm down', 'troll', 'hater', 'you obviously', 'LOL', 'don't care', 'I'm done', 'actually this is funny', 'not wasting my time', 'butthurt'

User Info: Revegelance

Revegelance
3 years ago#5
SoccerIs4Girls posted...

Sounds like you're inviting them.
Check out my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Revegelance

User Info: git2thechoppa

git2thechoppa
3 years ago#6
Revegelance posted...
SoccerIs4Girls posted...

Sounds like you're inviting them.

Please, put cranky hermit, jag and the meganerd in one thread and it'll reach 500 posts. It might wear them out.
I went to GameFAQs and all I got was this lousy sig.

User Info: SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC
3 years ago#7
Hmm, I remember playing Quake on the Saturn, it was an amazing game. It's disappointing how the series moved away from the dark medieval setting to the futuristic Doom setting in Quake IV...
Rise from your grave...

User Info: mindfeldzx

mindfeldzx
3 years ago#8
@troll topic, I'm already bored of this topic,haha. I'm new here, the subject is quake1. It was released in 1996 if you didn't know or are too young to know (no offense intended here!)

@Sega128DC You and me both, when Quake2 was announced I was so freaking stoked to hear about it,then when it came out, no thank you, I went right back to Quake1. Quake3 was a bit more in line with the Q1 multiplayer experience in my opinion. Quake4, blah. I avoided this game entirely, honestly this game should have been under the DOOM banner more so than Quake.... Quake2 should have been under its own banner as well in my opinion.

QuakeLive, LOL.

It saddens me that there was never a true sequel to Quake1 that as you mentioned, kept in step with the medieval dark atmosphere.

Keep the discussions rolling in! Quake1, love it, hate it, don't know what it is? Let me know! I'm curious!

User Info: Shamrock99

Shamrock99
3 years ago#9
SEGA128DC posted...
Hmm, I remember playing Quake on the Saturn, it was an amazing game.
http://i.imgur.com/OENbhcg.gif | http://i.imgur.com/ZCieQU7.gif | http://i.imgur.com/bd2y8yU.gif
http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat

User Info: KillerKhan420

KillerKhan420
3 years ago#10
Quake 1 through 3 are some of the best times I ever had. I would not say they are the "grand daddy" of modern fps, but they certainly are when it comes to online death matches. Still are the best in my view. Takes alot of skill to win compared to modern death matches.

After 3 I fell off, tried 4, didn't get that far before getting bored.
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1
  1. Boards
  2. Classic Gaming
  3. I remember Quake1 (continued)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived