FAQ submitted w/movelists, data, strategies, etc.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Double Dragon IV
  3. FAQ submitted w/movelists, data, strategies, etc.

User Info: ThePatrick

ThePatrick
9 months ago#1
Hey all

Hopefully they go through content review soon, but I've finally completed a very ugly version of a FAQ for this game that has all the moves, all the damages, etc. It's purely from my playing the game.

I really hope this guide helps newcomers even though there is maybe a lot of information to digest inside.
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored

ThePatrick
9 months ago#2
Yay it's up but right after I posted I noticed a bunch of things I needed to fix so a v.1.01 will be coming soon, followed by a less-horrible-looking rewrite in the future.

Dunno the time frame so I'll just list a few things:

- Right Arm's S2 is either not invulnerable or the vulnerable wind-up is longer than I had
thought
- Confirmed Kodani's throw is a juggle starter (good luck juggling off that, though--even in
co-op)
- Need to confirm whether Abobo's S2 -> P shoulder charge is actually invulnerable or just
has a nice hitbox like Kodani's S3 charge
- Possibly need to note that you can get about 1,400,000 with Burnov in 1P playthrough if
anyone cares, note how the score gets messed up. Still no way to confirm damage of
grappled punches.
- Need to change certain move names such as Ayumi's S3 (not really a backflip but just
a backwards jump)
- Cody's S3 is viable for safe zone shenanigans. Got to Floor 70 with him abusing it.
- Fix some damages

Still probably not going to add a section for 2P Duel because the game is not condusive to a fighting game environment as it completely lacks balance.

ThePatrick
9 months ago#3
Had some time last night so I actually updated it. Probably up soon.

Anyway, among other little tweaks:

Confirmed the following moves are invulnerable:
- Billy/Jimmy's crouch P, crouch K, and Whirlwind Kick (K at peak of jump)
- Sonny's crouch P and Whirlwind Kick (S2) (still unsure what causes damage spike--maybe counterhit??)
- Chin Taimei's Backflip Special (S3) and Forward Leap -> Backflip Special (S1 -> P)
- Kodani's Jumping Headbutt (crouch P) and Jumping Belly Bump (crouch K)--but only at the start of move
- Mysterious Warrior's crouch P (only at start) and crouch K (only while charging power before attack)

Confirmed the following moves are NOT invulnerable:
- Any "Crouch" Special such as Yamazaki's S1 (not invulnerable for players :\ )
- Ayumi's Back Jump Special (S3) or the Back Jumps off her S1
- Abobo's Shoulder Charge (S2 -> P)
- Right Arm's Spin Kick (S2)
- Burnov's crouch during his S1
- Williams's cartwheels (not even at the start)

Pretty sure the invulnerable thing is locked down.

Also fixed some damages such as the bullets for the Okadas and the Kodani shoulder charge, etc.

Rewrite and more detail for Story and Tower Modes probably coming in the next big update.

User Info: Mediocre_Dunce

Mediocre_Dunce
9 months ago#4
Pretty interesting stuff. Even though I haven't played this game too much it's always cool to see move properties and stuff.
That some nice sweet juicy gigatosis!
Mario Kart 8 HD, 4.9 GIGS! 500 hour game! Do the math!
- awesomenintendo

ThePatrick
9 months ago#5
Oh thanks! I like reading about stuff like this for action games, brawlers, and fighters myself and obviously really like figuring out action systems as I wasted a bunch of time figuring out stuff for this game.
  1. Boards
  2. Double Dragon IV
  3. FAQ submitted w/movelists, data, strategies, etc.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived