You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Version 1.30 adds 4 new horses

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 month ago#11
Locklan posted...
I would really like it if they would make the damn things able to walk

Hold L1? That's pretty much always how you do "walk" in these games.

I played Red Dead 1 back in the day and i dunno, its horse physics would feel annoying in something like DW where the field is filled with so many fodders that you want to breeze through.

Riding horse when exploring mountains in this game is terrible though.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: daosiying

daosiying
1 month ago#12
RPGNoZero posted...
Locklan posted...
I would really like it if they would make the damn things able to walk

Hold L1? That's pretty much always how you do "walk" in these games.

I played Red Dead 1 back in the day and i dunno, its horse physics would feel annoying in something like DW where the field is filled with so many fodders that you want to breeze through.

Riding horse when exploring mountains in this game is terrible though.

Be more than enough if walking was sensitivity based. You can do that when out of combat on foot. Holding down guard's always been awkward due to the stiff movement.

As for slopes, all slopes are horrible. Game does not communicate well the maximum angle you can traverse. Other games usually try to paint the environment in such a way that you know this section is not traversable. Doesn't really happen here.

User Info: Kasain

Kasain
1 month ago#13
Locklan posted...
I would really like it if they would make the damn things able to walk and trot with proper fricking analog control instead of adding more spastic so fast it’s hard to control red hare clones....but it’s cool they’re still adding stuff.

Seriously though, you play red dead and then this and the horse controls make you wanna throttle the nearest available developer.

Dw horses are middle ground. Comparing red dead a mass billion gaming company. Yea higher standards.

Dw does ok. Its not the movement thats bad but attacking on the horse.

Now crap horse movement games could bevindies, or even things like mount and blade bannerlord bannermen and horse story or race games.

Dw horses are ok, not great. But we dont do much on them anyway.

User Info: redroses_4life

redroses_4life
4 weeks ago#14
Kasain posted...
Locklan posted...
I would really like it if they would make the damn things able to walk and trot with proper fricking analog control instead of adding more spastic so fast it’s hard to control red hare clones....but it’s cool they’re still adding stuff.

Seriously though, you play red dead and then this and the horse controls make you wanna throttle the nearest available developer.

Dw horses are middle ground. Comparing red dead a mass billion gaming company. Yea higher standards.

Now crap horse movement games could bevindies, or even things like mount and blade bannerlord bannermen and horse story or race games.

What's a "bevindies"?
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
Who could possibly fight us?

User Info: Locklan

Locklan
4 weeks ago#15
The idea that it takes a big studio to add analog horse control is absurd. The characters in the game have perfectly fine analog control already. L1 is a crappy strafe button while on a horse....I spend a ton of time on a horse in this game, I don’t enjoy that time, there is no excuse in 2019 for the horses to control like ass when games like Gun did it well fifteen years ago.

Hell if they did it well they could make horse combat fun.
"None are so fallible as those who are sure they're right"

redroses_4life
4 weeks ago#16
Kasain posted...
Locklan posted...

WHAT THE f*** IS A BEVINDIES

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
4 weeks ago#17
acting like you don't know what a bevindies is. you're slipping, red.
You just lost the game.

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
4 weeks ago#18
I'm actually fine with the way horses control for the most part. The strafing could definitely look better but I'll take an arcadey interpretation over the kind of awkward, overproduced "realistic" movements you get in some games like how characters move in Resident Evil 6.

What I wish they'd do is make it so that some characters are actually horse proficient. Ma Chao should fight like a maniac on a horse and ride it better to boot.

redroses_4life
4 weeks ago#19
Taterzz posted...
acting like you don't know what a bevindies is. you're slipping, red.

>:(
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Version 1.30 adds 4 new horses