You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Did DW9 put a bad rep in the entire franchise?

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
4 weeks ago#11
Yup.

User Info: LightPersona8

LightPersona8
4 weeks ago#12
How many offshoots is it now anyway?
Fire Emblem
Gundam
Bleach
Naruto
Berserk
One Piece
Persona (to come)
Zelda
Fate
Fist of North Star
Etc...
I hate Mythra she's coarse, rough, irritating...and not to mention a simpleton.

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
4 weeks ago#13
LightPersona8 posted...
Fire Emblem
Gundam
Bleach
Naruto
Berserk
One Piece
Persona (to come)
Zelda
Fate
Fist of North Star
Etc...

Legend of Arslan too. Did Bleach get a warriors game?

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
4 weeks ago#14
Skode24 posted...
LightPersona8 posted...
Fire Emblem
Gundam
Bleach
Naruto
Berserk
One Piece
Persona (to come)
Zelda
Fate
Fist of North Star
Etc...

Legend of Arslan too. Did Bleach get a warriors game?

Not made by Koei, but it had a Musou-style game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDfclVjvFrQ
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: LightPersona8

LightPersona8
4 weeks ago#15
Yeah it was this^
I hate Mythra she's coarse, rough, irritating...and not to mention a simpleton.

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
4 weeks ago#16
They seem to put more effort in their contracted licensed Musou titles, Probably cuz they get payed more to do them.

Which is a damned shame IMO.

I rly hope their learned their lesson for DW10 but i think that it will be years before we see another DW because again. They get more money from these licensed sideprojects and DW9 sucked.

No way we will see a new DW new which i find rly sad.

User Info: CircusMonster

CircusMonster
4 weeks ago#17
WhiteZeus posted...
No way we will see a new DW new which i find rly sad.

What??
PSN: Applefudge1
Switch Friend Code:SW-3508-4376-1116

User Info: ComingEvil

ComingEvil
4 weeks ago#18
The thing is, IT IS NOT JUST A MUSHU GAME!!

It is a action-rpg In a Mushu style. So people who want another 7 or 8, or Samurai Warriors, or the silly Pirate or Aliens games, just don’t like it as they’ve evolved passed the same style that’s been done for the past 20years in multiple formats.

9 is the first step in DW, evolving into something way more than boards and 5th weapons.

Also, the PS5 will be out for 10, so they assuredly have a slew of ideas the PS4 just can’t handle. Which is why they thankfully went to the new formant now.

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
4 weeks ago#19
ComingEvil posted...
The thing is, IT IS NOT JUST A MUSHU GAME!!

It is a action-rpg In a Mushu style. So people who want another 7 or 8, or Samurai Warriors, or the silly Pirate or Aliens games, just don’t like it as they’ve evolved passed the same style that’s been done for the past 20years in multiple formats.

9 is the first step in DW, evolving into something way more than boards and 5th weapons.

Also, the PS5 will be out for 10, so they assuredly have a slew of ideas the PS4 just can’t handle. Which is why they thankfully went to the new formant now.

Here's a sentiment I'll never understand:

If I want a different game why wouldn't I play a different game? I keep hearing crap about games needing to "evolve" and "change" and "more of the same" and crap. Isn't that why I buy a sequel? I want new content, yes. I want improvements in how the core experience is delivered, yes. I want the game to play entirely different for the sake of evolving, no.

Dynasty Warriors 9 is barely a cohesive game and the evolutions it brought (or sacrifices it made) do not make up for the disjointed experience that results.

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
3 weeks ago#20
People that support the degradation of the series by continuing with the trash 9 started with must really want the series to die.

If you want to make a different game then do it, don't remove the heart and soul of a well liked franchise by turning it into something it isn't.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Did DW9 put a bad rep in the entire franchise?