You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Cao Pi's story ended at chapter 8???

User Info: Erebustx

Erebustx
1 month ago#1
I played through Cao Pi's story and it ended prematurely after only 8 chapters with him having a chat with Sima Yi, however from what I understand, his story is supposed to go through chapter 10. What gives? Is this just a glitch, or is there something specific I need to do in order to unlock chapters 9 & 10 for Cao Pi?

User Info: CircusMonster

CircusMonster
1 month ago#2
Well that’s weird, it’s supposed to be to chapter 10.

How exactly did it end? Did you see his ending and credits?
PSN: Applefudge1
Switch Friend Code:SW-3508-4376-1116

Erebustx
1 month ago#3
CircusMonster posted...
Well that’s weird, it’s supposed to be to chapter 10.

How exactly did it end? Did you see his ending and credits?

Yup. It gave me a short monologue about how he was unable to unify the land and then it showed me his ending where he's sitting there drinking wine and talking with Sima Yi, followed by the end credits with the god awful music. I've scoured the internet to find ANYTHING about this and I've found nothing. It's bizarre. I'm thinking about playing chapter 8 with him again to see if it was just a weird glitch.

User Info: Jordan_AS

Jordan_AS
1 month ago#4
I haven't played this game very much, but could it be a branching path?
Pacifism is a nice idea, but it can get you killed. We're not there yet folks. Evolution is slow, smallpox is fast. - George Carlin

User Info: jaigo2

jaigo2
1 month ago#5
Jordan_AS posted...
I haven't played this game very much, but could it be a branching path?

No in the Hypothetical ending, his story ends at Chapter 13. Maybe the game is shorter when you play the demo?

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 month ago#6
Did you actually play his story, or did you change character to him from someone else's story?

I kinda experienced similar glitch before. I played Liu Bei's story in chapter 10 and then change character to Zhuge Liang's. Then for some reason Liu Bei's death cutscene got skipped because it seems the save data still "remember" it as Liu Bei's story (which ended before his death cutscene). Then when i replayed chapter 10 from someone else the cutscene works just fine.

Could be similar thing here
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!
(edited 1 month ago)

Erebustx
1 month ago#7
RPGNoZero posted...
Did you actually play his story, or did you change character to him from someone else's story?

I kinda experienced similar glitch before. I played Liu Bei's story in chapter 10 and then change character to Zhuge Liang's. Then for some reason Liu Bei's death cutscene got skipped because it seems the save data still "remember" it as Liu Bei's story (which ended before his death cutscene). Then when i replayed chapter 10 from someone else the cutscene works just fine.

I played his story from the beginning, however I would save it and play other stories, then come back later to play more of Cao Pi's. But I've been doing that with other characters since I initially bought the game and that has never happened before with anyone else.

I'm going to buy some DLC's tonight when I get home and I'll get Cao Pi's hypothetical scenario to see if that fixes it. Is his hypothetical story identical, only with chapters 11-13 added onto it?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: jaigo2

jaigo2
1 month ago#8
Erebustx posted...
RPGNoZero posted...

I played his story from the beginning, however I would save it and play other stories, then come back later to play more of Cao Pi's. But I've been doing that with other characters since I initially bought the game and that has never happened before with anyone else.

I'm going to buy some DLC's tonight when I get home and I'll get Cao Pi's hypothetical scenario to see if that fixes it. Is his hypothetical story identical, only with chapters 11-13 added onto it?

It's identical until Chapter 10.

User Info: Kasain

Kasain
1 month ago#9
I recommend play Jia Xu or Zhang Laio. Cao Pi story really is just as much as Cao Pi, Jai Xu and Simi Yi.

Jia Xu ending story and Zhang Laio also set this up.

It is really a shame you have to play this as Pi. I would of loved my first run of it with Jia Xu.
(edited 1 month ago)
I had something similar happen with Zhong Hui and my brother with Guan Yu where the game ended prematurely for no reason yet starting the chapter over again had the game proceed normally. Guan Yu ended right when Cao Ren arrived at Fan Castle and I can't remember where Zhong Hui's ended early at.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Cao Pi's story ended at chapter 8???