You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Just got this today, anyone ever get the error code (CE-30005-8)?

User Info: nekoda79

nekoda79
1 month ago#1
Anyone ever get the error code (CE-30005-8) with the message "So-and-so' will be logged out of the PS4 because an error has occurred"? Apparently it has to do with the disc drive. Well I don't own any disc games, I only have digital games. Also every other game and PS4 feature works just fine. I start up the game, it acts like it's loading up saved data, goes to a black screen and as soon as the first company logo appears is when I get the error. I've tried reseting default settings, syncing trophies, restore licenses, doing a hard reset, and nothing works. I guess now my only choice is to delete and reinstall the game. If that doesn't work though, I sure hope PS reimburses me, cuz this is soooooooooo effed up.
I Googled first before I came here.

nekoda79
1 month ago#2
Just before I decided to delete the game to reinstall it, I decided to start it up one more time and I did not get the error message. In fact it immediately loaded up the save file and immediately started with the company logos with the Cinematic intro. I hope this problem is over now, because like I said, that was so f****** effed up.

User Info: Hayato Nekketsu

Hayato Nekketsu
1 month ago#3
Either the disc is dirty or your bluray player lens is dirty as that's the usual problems associated with that error code. Since you say you never use physical games the latter may have been the problem since dust may have gotten inside the console due to the disc drive slot always being empty.
(edited 1 month ago)

nekoda79
1 month ago#4
Hayato Nekketsu posted...
Either the disc is dirty or your bluray player lens is dirty as that's the usual problems associated with that error code. Since you say you never use physical games the latter may have been the problem since dust may have gotten inside the console due to the disc drive slot always being empty.

Really? Then why did all my other games and PS4 features still work just fine at the time? Anyways, I'm not getting the error anymore. I've been playing and enjoying the game now.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Just got this today, anyone ever get the error code (CE-30005-8)?