• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ComingEvil

ComingEvil
3 months ago#31
RPGNoZero posted...
Eh, DW9 is seen as a failure to the majority of the public, so i doubt making something as big as Empires as update or DLC would work. It would just have abysmal sales. Most of the recent DW9 Youtube videos about the updates and DLC that i've seen can barely even reach 1000 views.

Maybe we could get some XL-like contents like Xtreme Mode/Ambition Mode/whatever (like how the Arena is basically Challenge mode), but i doubt Empires would. It would need stuff like CAW, Strategems, bunch of events, Ending Edit, etc to actually feel like Empires.

If by “the public”, you mean the absurdly vocal minority who just want asst Mushu game and have jumped on the contrarian bandwagon to try to look cool (ie Dark Sympathy), then sure. But everyone I’ve talked you who knows the series loves it.

User Info: ComingEvil

ComingEvil
3 months ago#32
Has anyone won or seen the rewards for Castle Siege yet?

It looks like it’s just a measly 100EXP so I’m debating if it’s worth it.

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
3 months ago#33
ComingEvil posted...
RPGNoZero posted...
Eh, DW9 is seen as a failure to the majority of the public, so i doubt making something as big as Empires as update or DLC would work. It would just have abysmal sales. Most of the recent DW9 Youtube videos about the updates and DLC that i've seen can barely even reach 1000 views.

Maybe we could get some XL-like contents like Xtreme Mode/Ambition Mode/whatever (like how the Arena is basically Challenge mode), but i doubt Empires would. It would need stuff like CAW, Strategems, bunch of events, Ending Edit, etc to actually feel like Empires.

If by “the public”, you mean the absurdly vocal minority who just want asst Mushu game and have jumped on the contrarian bandwagon to try to look cool (ie Dark Sympathy), then sure. But everyone I’ve talked you who knows the series loves it.

It's not a stretch to imagine that you don't talk to many people and if you limit that even further to people "who know the series" you get a really really poor, embarrassing set of sample data.

To pretend that Dynasty Warriors 9 isn't saddled with the reputation of having a dismal launch and being a dismal title is being delusional. These games haven't had good reputations for a long time and you're going to pretend that DW9 came in and bucked the trend? Absolutely zero people (including yourself) buy into your vapid, desperate claw for acceptance and legitimacy. Just enjoy games you like and don't worry about lying about them to make the game (and yourself by proxy, which is silly because it doesn't even work like that) seem more popular. Take some good advice from Dark Sympathy.

Regarding the grappling hook changes:

They are dumb because they've already built a game around the stupid hook, even if it's stupid. To arbitrarily limit it would be dumb. If they executed this well and it visually and thematically makes sense in execution (and it isn't just "grappling hook doesn't work here lol") then it will be a welcome change provided that they actually make the rest of the game work correctly.

The thing with the grappling hook is that it was added as a band aid to the fact that the game didn't/doesn't work right.Sieges often botched or just plain wouldn't work correctly at no fault of the player. There were some where a mission critical officer could be defeated before the ram had enough time to breach the gate.

Them making this change has me hoping that they went back and cleared all of that up. I want normal, real sieges and I'm currently downloading the update to see how they've implemented this. I don't like the idea of it "automatically being turned off." Why would my character turn off an ability? I could see them being attacked and knocked off of their hook but just arbitrarily not using it so sieges can work is ridiculously stupid stuff.

This is one of the biggest downsides of patches. Poor frameworks stay in existence and get band aids and staples rather than being scrapped for better framework. I hope this plays out well but "automatically disabled" doesn't give me high hopes.
  • Topic Archived