You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Weapons you wish would return?

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
1 month ago#1
As DLC or DW10?

Guan Ping's DW5 weapon reverse one handed grip, with a good moveset. The one in DW7-9 isn't the same. But in WO3U his charge attacks are similar to his DW5 moves and is what should've been for DW8. Not to mention they tease his DW5 pose in wallpapers.

Wang Yi trishulas DW7&8 even though the emei piercers have better moveset I still think trishulas fit her much better. After DW8 Empires it seems like that she will stick with the Emei Piercers.

Not a weapon but Zhou Yu's Elder Sword DW3-5 moveset I always liked the fancy design and the moveset really fit him.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
1 month ago#2
Guan Ping could have his Zanbato back, I agree. It's actually different to a Great Sword. Xiahou Ba can keep it.

Zhou Yu's Elder Sword I agree as well (his hypo outfit could match pretty well with it). Guo Jia can keep the Bo Staff. It fit him well, it's basically the same as his old weapon (some sort of long staff), without the balls part.

I'm not in favor or changing weapons of unique characters again and again and again though. They need to stop that. Make up their damn mind. Once everyone is fully unique, keep working on giving them more attacks, mechanics, not switching their weapons again and again. It's annoying.
Light up the night sky! The mystery behind the moonlight! Cure Selene!

Raiden243
1 month ago#3
Yeah they really need to stop changing established weapons. Especially Gan Ning who went from River Sword > Twin Daggers > Chain Sickle > Flail > back to chain sickle.

Nhatalya
1 month ago#4
Or Yueying.

Dagger-axe > Bow > Blade-bow > Bo Staff > Dagger-axe > Blade-bow > Pike.

Yueying in a weapon choice crisis.

User Info: _2650920

_2650920
1 month ago#5
Weapons i wish would return but I know will most likely never happen are Zhou Yu's Elder Sword, Gan Ning's River Master and Diao Chan's Maces.

I'm surprised Sun Ce's Tonfa still haven't made a return though.
Watching: MK11, Days Gone, Sonic Racing, CTR Remake, Shenmue 3, Trails Of Cold Steel 3

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#6
As others have said: Diao Chan's Dancing Maces, Zhou Yu's Elder Sword, and (MOST OF ALL) Zhang Liao's yinyuedao. Not to mention the swords of Gan Ning, Dong Zhuo, Yuan Shao, Cao Cao and maybe Old Sun Quan (New Sun Quan ain't bad though so I'm not strong on this).

Oh, and Yueying's scythe from DW7 Empires or her sickle from DW4-5! Her having a halberd (it's not a pike! No matter what the game calls it!) is totally fine though, as I like halberds.

Having actual pikes would be cool, now that I mention it...

Nhatalya
1 month ago#7
Yue Ying weapon in DW7 Empires is not a Scythe. It's still her Dagger-axe from the PS2 era, but you know, since DW7 they've been exaggerating on the weapons size. Some of them are too big for what they're supposed to be.

Diaochan's old Twin Maces could be back. I can see them for Dong Bai, but with a total overhaul design, and moveset-wise. Dong Bai being a gothic lolita, put spikes on the maces, and she needs to attack brutally with them as she likes to hurt people. If they go full anime trop with her though, she'll have either a big ass Scythe with a skull on it, or a parasol.

Or maybe a double-sided scythe lol

http://psvita-loc.mediagen.fr/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-26-11-2012-2_09016E018500373455.jpg
(edited 1 month ago)

Raiden243
1 month ago#8
Spiked maces for Dong Bai would be cool.

Yue Ying's weapon is more like a polearm. Kiyomasa and Orochi are the real scythe users.

Another weapon I'd like to see come back are Lu Xuns DW6 Swallow Sword and Cao Pi's DW6 PS2 Longsword.
(edited 1 month ago)

Nhatalya
1 month ago#9
I hope they give Lu Xun his Thin Sword from DW6 actually. The weapon he has actually are essentially Twin Swords with a fancy name, and the shadow stuff from DW8 was awful. I loved the way he moved in DW6, like he was dancing with it. Pretty wuxia.

I was thinking Cao Pi's longsword from DW6 Special could go to Zhong Hui. I can't see the flying swords returning. Both are arrogant characters, and I can see Zhong Hui using it.
(edited 1 month ago)

Raiden243
1 month ago#10
Actually I just realized Sima Shi's Lightning blade is the long sword but it's not the same moves as Cao Pi from DW6 PS2.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Weapons you wish would return?