You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Trying To Predict Weapons is So annoying

User Info: Razgriz85

Razgriz85
2 months ago#1
As topic suggests - trying to predict who is getting weapons is soooo annoying lol.

If you were to suggest who is going to get unique weapons in the future - who you think it is? I'm thinking we're getting 12 more weapons. (2 more season passes)
Transform and Rise Up!
Dissidia OO - 394786236

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
2 months ago#2
>Says trying to predict weapons is annoying.

>Predicts weapons anyway.

< ....

Lol I have no idea! So I don't bother to try to predict who gets what and what's coming next. I think it's a safe bet the flute goes to my favorite bad girl Zhen Ji and the rod + bow thingy goes to my favorite Xiahou, Yuan!

Razgriz85
2 months ago#3
>Says trying to predict weapons is annoying.

>Predicts weapons anyway.

< ....

I know I'm filled with such inner conflict ;p
Transform and Rise Up!
Dissidia OO - 394786236

User Info: s_dubs

s_dubs
2 months ago#4
Koei has already shown they're willing to throw curveballs. Giving Ling Tong's sanjiegun to Zhu Ran for example. So that one little move is enough to discourage making guesses because even if the weapon is guessed, who it goes too could be wrong.
psn: http://psnprofiles.com/smward87
FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1820490/
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
2 months ago#5
I don't try predicting. It's best to wait and see, I don't see why I should bother who's getting which weapon.
Light up the night sky! The mystery behind the moonlight! Cure Selene!

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
2 months ago#6
I'm just tired of them treating the games like they're filled with a bunch of cosplayers who can just co-opt fighting styles. A character's weapon is part of their identity. Elder Sword Zhou Yu =/= Staff Zhou Yu.

User Info: _2650920

_2650920
2 months ago#7
Not to hijack this topic, but are the currently available DLC weapons worth getting? Did everyone else get them?
https://youtu.be/YzgFsGbZfrw?t=11
Never forget this masterpiece.

Razgriz85
2 months ago#8
I got them. Again it adds a bit more variety and I really dig the animations for some of them.
Transform and Rise Up!
Dissidia OO - 394786236

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
2 months ago#9
_2650920 posted...
Not to hijack this topic, but are the currently available DLC weapons worth getting? Did everyone else get them?

I got some; the first 3 from SP1 and the 6 from SP2.

Overall I'd say "NO", but that depends on what you want. I bought SP1 for the DLC characters and Hideaway stuff so the weapons were a bonus (I never played with) and I bought SP2 because I thought it'd be a better deal than buying what I want (it wasn't! But that's okay, I'll still have fun with it all even if I could have done without most of the DLC weapons or costumes I wasn't going to wear--except, of course, for the actually hot costumes!).

I think the bow-blade in the most recent DLC release is worth buying (haven't bought nor played with it yet though) since I personally find it cool, and the Shovel Spear also looks cool (have it, haven't played with it yet). Everything else either doesn't appeal to me or makes me feel bad for spending money on it (or both).

Even the iaijutsu katana is functionally a downgrade from the vanilla katana which is a clone of the vanilla sword, since the vanilla katana has good coverage and consistent attack speed while the iaijutsu katana only hurts enemies in front and has significant pauses (although to compensate it can slow enemies down, which with certain builds can be OP but I don't want to be OP lol since I gotta tie my hands behind my back to get an adrenaline rush as it is!). I mention this as I played with it and the Lightning Blade and, while they have cool gimmicks, they come at practical in-game costs. Also, I'm a big katana fan so naturally I've got a word to say about the Iaijutsu Katana versus the Vanilla Is King Katana.

Overall I just recommend the Bow-Blade because it looks cool/new and maybe the Shovel Spear. Other than that, it depends on if you really want it or not.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
2 months ago#10
_2650920 posted...

Got them all. Three Sectioned Staff is a beast of a weapon, the Monk Spade was my fave of the "new" weapons and also really enjoy the Emei Piercers. None of the DLC weapons are essential but most are defiantly fun - if for example you've not done the stories of Zhou Tai or Zhang Fei your gonna have way more fun doing it with the new movesets over old ones but it's your call. Hated the Tooth & Nail Bow and Sword & Hook ones though.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Trying To Predict Weapons is So annoying