You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Soooo... Do peeps actually buy the dlc weapons?

User Info: ComingEvil

ComingEvil
2 months ago#11
Just get the season pass and you get them all.

FWIW, Zhang He’s and Suan Jains dlc weapons are AWESOME.

User Info: Locklan

Locklan
2 months ago#12
I haven’t bought any yet. I don’t like the whole weapon not being part of the musou especially given the manner the game has been produced for twenty years it should be relatively easy to design the game so that the future dlc can be more fully integrated.

I might buy some of the scenarios at some point. So many games to play, it’s hard to get DW back into the rotation.
"None are so fallible as those who are sure they're right"

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
2 months ago#13
Locklan posted...
I haven’t bought any yet. I don’t like the whole weapon not being part of the musou especially given the manner the game has been produced for twenty years it should be relatively easy to design the game so that the future dlc can be more fully integrated.

I might buy some of the scenarios at some point. So many games to play, it’s hard to get DW back into the rotation.

Why do people use the term "easy" so often in occasions like this? Lol. If they outright binned weapon switch im sure they could make it work but until then its obvious theres nothing easy about it or theyd have done so by now (the fact they tag as faves and offer unique attacks is already vast improvement on DW7-8) but they need to work within weapon switch parameters... Hence thats what they do, work on anyone with added animations for a single "fave" character if he or she is one using it.

The special attack/musuo is coded to the character NOT the weapon.

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
2 months ago#14
I don't buy them, no. I'm just curious to see the DLC weapons. I'll play the characters with their new weapon in the next game.
Bonjour mon ami(e).

User Info: Locklan

Locklan
2 months ago#15
Skode24 posted...
Locklan posted...

Why do people use the term "easy" so often in occasions like this? Lol. If they outright binned weapon switch im sure they could make it work but until then its obvious theres nothing easy about it or theyd have done so by now (the fact they tag as faves and offer unique attacks is already vast improvement on DW7-8) but they need to work within weapon switch parameters... Hence thats what they do, work on anyone with added animations for a single "fave" character if he or she is one using it.

The special attack/musuo is coded to the character NOT the weapon.

DW7 and DW8 did in many cases add the weapons fully in their expansions. You’re saying that this isn’t plausible to implement in dlc form when you know from the planning stage that you’re going to be offering weapons as dlc for money post release? Given the sweeping changes modern games make through dlc that doesn’t seem likely....given you designed the game to support those changes.

Now it’s entirely possible it is quite difficult and they can’t do it easily which I believe is the case. My argument is that if you know you’re going to sell weapon dlc before you start making the game it benefits both your designers, sales and your communities if you design your game in a manner that allows you to implement those changes. Didn’t buy the weapon dlc in the last games for the same reason, but I did buy the expansions.
"None are so fallible as those who are sure they're right"

User Info: TwoBit_Samurai

TwoBit_Samurai
2 months ago#16
I picked up the season 1 pass once it went on sale. Once I get back I to playing this game I will pick up a few more weapons. Really just waiting for the tonfa.
Scarlet Arkard/Yojimbo

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
2 months ago#17
I hope they do something about the weapons colors too. It's a detail but having the final weapon of character being in a very different color just clash with it. Yue Jin with the green-ish hookswords is meh.
Bonjour mon ami(e).
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Soooo... Do peeps actually buy the dlc weapons?