GameFAQs is currently in Read-Only mode. All content is available, but you cannot log in, submit new posts or content, or make any other changes at this time
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Soooo... Do peeps actually buy the dlc weapons?

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
2 months ago#1
I think it's pretty s***ty that old weapons are in dlc, I get that the gameplay isn't the same as DW7/8 but still.

But I only have the moon spade and it's pretty cool.

Does anyone have any or even all of them?it's the only dlc I ever care about in any Musou game.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
2 months ago#2
no
You just lost the game.

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
2 months ago#3
Like you, I was only intereseted in the Shovel Spear.

But I did some math when wagering whether to buy the SP2 and thought it'd be worth buying if the DLC scenarios were ~$10 each.

However I was wrong, and so I spent more money than I wanted to. And that meant including old weapons (which admittedly was varying levels of fun even if I didn't want to pay for them), and costumes I'd never wear.

I don't plan on buying SP3 since I'm pretty sure it'll cost double what I'd spend if I only bought single items I like. And I mainly want hot costumes, a new weapon maybe, and maybe a DLC what-if (specifically Zhong Hui).
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: daosiying

daosiying
2 months ago#4
Bought the Spade, wo dao, and spear. Disappointed in the latter 2 so anything from here on I need to take a careful look at the gameplay video to see if it's worth my time.

I don't like the idea of legacy weapons being paid content, especially if they're an existing weapon category in the base game. But ultimately it comes down to whether or not the moveset can do what I like in this game.

Like the spear is decent enough at maintaining a juggle by swapping between Launcher, Stun,and Separation attacks. But it's a far cry from some other weapons that can do more.

User Info: Krow_Incarnate

Krow_Incarnate
2 months ago#5
Been buying pretty much everything.
Hail Hydra

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
2 months ago#6
lol people are buying crappy rpg maker games / trash visual novel hentai on steam for 60$ and the DW9 trolls here still going on about the DLC weapons which is only ~3$.
you trolls are pathetic.

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
2 months ago#7
sol_trigger posted...
lol people are buying crappy rpg maker games / trash visual novel hentai on steam for 60$ and the DW9 trolls here still going on about the DLC weapons which is only ~3$.
you trolls are pathetic.

Trolls? I'm guessing it's from someone I've blocked as I'm not seeing any trolls on this thread, just people debating value for money which is their right. Why the hell are you so triggered?

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
2 months ago#8
I see no reason for buying weapons with characters that i've already beaten the story with… Like... Why would i buy a weapon to use it in mindless freemode when i still need to unlock 70+ endings??

User Info: Izzyama

Izzyama
2 months ago#9
I earn pretty good money... so yeah, why not.

User Info: eX Calmune

eX Calmune
2 months ago#10
Haven't yet, intend to when I get back to playing this. Too many games to play, not enough time.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Soooo... Do peeps actually buy the dlc weapons?