• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. So when DW7 did it, it was fine. When DW9 does it it's wrong?

User Info: CircusMonster

CircusMonster
1 month ago#41
Metroid82 posted...
It's been awhile, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the whole "realism" angle just made up by fans? I'm pretty sure the actual devs said that weapons were removed due to time constraints.

Before that, they did in fact say it was due to realism, even going as far as stating that Sun Ce's tonfas were removed because they were not invented yet. They wouldn't say anything about time constraints until shortly before the first dlc weapon pack.

More likely than not, I'm sure both reasons are partially true. They probably realised that they could not include all 80+ weapons from 8 at launch and then decided which ones to keep based on realism.
PSN: Applefudge1
Switch Friend Code:SW-3508-4376-1116

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
1 month ago#42
Flying Swords was the example used (more than once) and they said they'd focused on the more realistic ones but the radib manchildren like Jim Sterling mincontrued this as to mean they're missions was ONLY realisic weapons... Ignoring the actual statements of the Devs to fit a hissy fit narrative despite the bloody magic feather fan being there for a start!

Like you said shortly after release they stated the new combat system in itself came late in the development cycle of the game so time constraints meant not getting as many weapons in for launch as they'd have liked and effectively cited wanting to get more to the fans ASAP.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. So when DW7 did it, it was fine. When DW9 does it it's wrong?
  • Topic Archived