• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. So when DW7 did it, it was fine. When DW9 does it it's wrong?

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
1 month ago#1
DW7: Releases Buckler blade, everyone freaked out and were hyped as hell.

DW9: releases Lightning Sword, everyone dislikes.

So how come people keep praising DW7?

Has this fanbase really been influenced by Youtubers who don't even play Warriors games?

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#2
First Part: Because 7 was a massive improvement to 6 (sorta, I thought so at the time at least since I loved Jin's new story, Kingdom Mode, weapon switch, and Ambition Mode) but I wasn't on the Internet back then so I have no idea how DLC weapons that were basically from the PS2 Era was recieved.

As for YouTuber influence: that's how non-fans become aware of Dynasty Warriors's existence, so it's definitely not good when big YouTubers diss DW9 since only old/existing fans will dig deeper (in general) then "nah, sounds like too much crap and trouble to be a good game to waste my time trying to do research on".

Maybe DW10 (hopefully Open World) will change the Big YouTubers minds, since they can potentially give Koei a lot of free advertising (of the good kind, they're too big for advertising in general, even when bad, to be good anymore--I think).
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: CircusMonster

CircusMonster
1 month ago#3
This is something I have often thought about as well.

Iā€™m assuming fans just were hoping they would actually KEEP the weapons rather than release them as dlc only 2 main installments later
PSN: Applefudge1
Switch Friend Code:SW-3508-4376-1116

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
1 month ago#4
who are you even talking about? people complaining about clones and people complaining about particular weapons aren't necessarily the same. besides, a lot of the complaints are around koei re-releasing weapons that were originally cut from the 8 weapon list. lightning sword was one of those, and koei claims they removed them due to realism or something.
You just lost the game.

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
1 month ago#5
Yeah - I remember the hype over what weapons they could bring back to DW7 as DLC from a LOT of fans, there wasn't anything like the negativity DW9 gets for it. Fans created this mess indulging Koei and not only they that they openly wanted more.

If we step back we can see things were a big different in DW wasn't a heavy DLC product back then. They dabbled in it with DW6E outfits, tested SW2 XL as a download and what have you but generally you got a product and that was it... Wanting more? A disc expansion will come eight or nine months later with nothing in between so people got TOO into DLC idea. They should have encouraged NEW content but no, they were j***ing over old costumes, maps and weapons wanting and asking for MORE.

How do you think Koei were gonna react? Sales were shrinking even giving fans what they wanted after DW6 fall out and likewise with 8 being just 7 but with stuff glued on. YouTube big mouths like Jim Sterling was orgasming over DW8 as though it were flawless because it was exactly the game HE wanted but the practice of too many releases and old content resold was never questioned as It should have been. (Yet he does so now, look at his retroactive look at DW - NOW he's got an issue? Lol).

Koei didn't need big sales anymore - just a base game as people would buy the game 4 or 5 times over (once via release, the rest via all the DLC meaning in total they could have bought the game 5 times over). DoA5, DW9 etc are even free to play with masses of DLC bring the REAL source of income as people not even intersted in retail might be promoted to spend a little here and there they never would have otherwise.

Warriors Orochi series the same, reused assets galore but adored by fans... Even when it would sell exact same dlc as previously between titles. There's only so many times I can endure seeing DW4 costumes as DLC I'd tell myself, relieved DW9 broke this trend only to see comments asking where's the old costumes DLC? I'd buy it!!! Comments from others.

It's a strategy which is clearly working and won't be changing. When people tell me I'm wrong on this, that there's all this disliking on videos (and I see a 100 maybe 200) of it I laugh. You think Koei gives a s*** about such a paltry number... Those 200 can vote with their wallet because the number buying it exceed that. The fans wanted this, the fans asked for this but by god are they in denial about it.

User Info: Krow_Incarnate

Krow_Incarnate
1 month ago#6
SiegvonWal posted...
Because 7 was a massive improvement to 6

šŸ¤”
Hail Hydra

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#7
Krow_Incarnate posted...

šŸ¤”
šŸ˜˜
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
1 month ago#8
maybe stop spamming new threads

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
1 month ago#9
SiegvonWal posted...
Maybe DW10 (hopefully Open World)

Been proven it doesn't work. So hopefully not and they focus on making a good game than jumping on the open world bandwagon again.

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
1 month ago#10
sol_trigger posted...
maybe stop spamming new threads

Harder to troll without spamming topics.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. So when DW7 did it, it was fine. When DW9 does it it's wrong?
  • Topic Archived